Cars editing

LordTimzor
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 9 years 11 months

Cars editing

Postby LordTimzor » Sat May 24, 2014 5:19 pm

Hey'all

So i recently started playing MM2 again and i got interested in editing cars. Well. I want to edit cars. Point is. I cant find the right program to do so. All i want to do for now is change the/add a colour for the 2012 Lamborgini aventador. And maybe change the sound as well. Where do i start. All the programs on here doesnt seem to work. The one with the orange UI contains a virus and gets stuck when started up. I downloaded zmodeler but that doesnt open AR files. Now. I really hate to be that nooby guy who just started and screws up already but all help for this is welcome.

Greets. Tim.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Diatosta » Sat May 24, 2014 11:15 pm

Ok. First, as said in the other topic, if you download the Skin Changer (guessing that's the program with the orange UI you're talking) from MM2x, it surely is a false positive.
Second, to them tutorials:

Step 1:
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat May 24, 2014 11:28 pm

For most of the times, to change the colors of a car add-on is enough open the .ar file with WinRar or 7-Zip to be able to see the textures file names, individuate the ones for the colors, create a little (usually 16x16) texture with the plan color that you want, save it with the same file name and file format of the first color file, put it in a new folder called Texture and create a ZIP compressed archive calling it something like !!!!!customcolor.ar.

The MM2 Car Skin Changer is designed especially for the HQTM-Team add-on cars; it can also work for other add-on cars, but the procedure is complicated and it's specific to who's making a car for MM2 and wants to let use that program for the additional color.
HQTM-Team's programs can be recognized as virus, it happened also to me with Avast Antivirus, but that's an obvious false positive to add in the exclusions list.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

LordTimzor
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby LordTimzor » Sun May 25, 2014 11:00 am

It sais .ar files cant be opened as archive.

Edit: Tried with a special AR file 'opener' sais its zipped and must be unzipped. wich cant because it cant be opened with 7zip.

Edit for mm2csc (orange UI thing) Even when i add it to exceptions it still gets stuck while loading and doesnt do anything.

Yet another Edit: files can be opened with winrar. not with 7zip. just found that out. But, as soon as i try to change something it sais the file is corrupted leaving me with 1 folder that can be opened but stays empty

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Sun May 25, 2014 12:26 pm

Well then, it's possible it is corrupt, or you might be attempting to open a locked file. Try redownloading the file, and if it still gives you errors, its likely locked, as the others stated.

And btw, just being a noob doesn't mean you're screwing up. Q&A is all part of the natural learning process, as well as trial/error. :) I'm still having to do both a lot even though I've been working on models for a couple months now :lol:
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

LordTimzor
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby LordTimzor » Sun May 25, 2014 4:58 pm

Thats nice to read. Thank you. And you are right. Most cars on here are locked to prevent customisations. (tho i want it for personal use but okay) Im currently working on a toyota supra and a nissan skyline. Self made skins, trying to change sounds etc.
Starting from the bottom.