Can't keep MM2 running On Windows 10

PhoenixGamez
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 2 years 6 months

Re: Can't keep MM2 running On Windows 10

Postby PhoenixGamez » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:22 am

Looks like the problem it's the copy of the game that you've got, and the second screenshot certainy confirms this. It looks to be a ripped version of the game, with just the game files in a folder and cracked EXE. If you also have the ISO of the original disc with the setup installer, it's always better use it, IMHO.
Try to use the edited EXE present in this release (take only the Midtown2.exe file and replace the one in the game folder) together with the MM2Hook files (only those from the mm2hook_dll.zip archive, because this is the compiled file of that patch, while the other much bigger one is only its source code).
Anyway, now you said to have got to launch the game and it crashes during the city loading, without any mod and add-on .ar file. Looks weird at first sight...
I sadly do not own an original copy of Midtown Madness 2, nor do I have an original ISO of Midtown madness 2. I ran another Midtown Madness from a guy I know, but it doesn't work on my main PC. It did though work on my laptop, so that was weird. But that was a few years back. I tried the beta with no luck either, as I was getting a Guru Meditation error at start. I did do your method on the Beta, which made it do Guru Meditation error at start. My only other thing is that my PC is too powerful to run this game. Not sure if the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G is too powerful, the Nvidia GTX 1660 Super OC Phoenix Edition's too powerful, or what.
Attachments
Screenshot (352).png
"When life is getting rough, always remember: There is a demon watching you to protect you...."

~LD

DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Postby DriverX » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:46 am

Try this File - https://www.mediafire.com/file/vblmtaaa ... 2.zip/file

Due to Slow Upload Speed, I only shared the game without patches. You only have to put dgvoodoo2 and mm2hook.
If you want to check whether this file is working or not, open game(without installing any patch) and play the first crash course of stunt driver, you may notice very less frame rate but while racing click alt+tab key to get better frame rates. don't use alt+tab key in main menu. If your game is working, install dgvoodoo2 and mm2hook, then open the game....

If the game asks you about product ID, I may give product ID to you privately....! :D

PhoenixGamez
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby PhoenixGamez » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:21 am

Due to Slow Upload Speed, I only shared the game without patches. You only have to put dgvoodoo2 and mm2hook.
If you want to check whether this file is working or not, open game(without installing any patch) and play the first crash course of stunt driver, you may notice very less frame rate but while racing click alt+tab key to get better frame rates. don't use alt+tab key in main menu. If your game is working, install dgvoodoo2 and mm2hook, then open the game....

If the game asks you about product ID, I may give product ID to you privately....! :D
I just got a new error now. it's error after error after error for me, but this one is confusing. Why does it say my machine doesn't have an adapter that meets the game's requirement.
Attachments
Screenshot (353).png
"When life is getting rough, always remember: There is a demon watching you to protect you...."

~LD

DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby DriverX » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:52 am

I just got a new error now. it's error after error after error for me, but this one is confusing. Why does it say my machine doesn't have an adapter that meets the game's requirement.
Just a small step, use Dgvoodoo2 and MM2HOOK to run the game.

Edit - The reason behind the error while opening the game is, some files which were suitable to run midtown madness are now no longer available on Windows 10. Dgvoodoo makes the game to run on Windows 10 and also allows game to consume higher memory. I had tested the game on xp and windows 10 and there was huge difference of memory consumption between these two operating systems.

PhoenixGamez
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby PhoenixGamez » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:27 am

Just a small step, use Dgvoodoo2 and MM2HOOK to run the game.

Edit - The reason behind the error while opening the game is, some files which were suitable to run midtown madness are now no longer available on Windows 10. Dgvoodoo makes the game to run on Windows 10 and also allows game to consume higher memory. I had tested the game on xp and windows 10 and there was huge difference of memory consumption between these two operating systems.
Ok so i ran, but then did the guru mediation error at the city loading again. I have no mods/add-ons at all, so i don't know what to do. I'm thinking it's my specs are way too powerful to run this game, that's the only other thing I can think of.

~LD

DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby DriverX » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:36 am

There are many reasons of crashes at City Loading :-
1) Create new Profile in the game before continuing.
2) You may also download the MM2 saves file found on this site only, on modules section.
3) Try to run MM2 without MM2hook and Dgvoodoo2 and go to Stunt Driver Crash Course to play First Mission.
4) Check the Last Vehicle played in the game, if its Fastback then play Stunt Driver.
5) Delete the dgvoodoo.cpl and dgvoodoo.conf and leave the other three files untouched and play the game.
6) Try to Increase Heap Size using Hex Editor or in MM2hook.ini and change its Value to 1024 or 512.
7) Check the Resolution and Display Adapter, Change the Display adapter to Dgvoodoo DirectX Wrapper and change the hardware settings to software only or hardware with tls (or something) and also try to run game in lower resolution and if you are able to play the game, slowly slowly increase the resolution and object details.

The Above points are linked with each other so you may perform 1 and 2 or more points at once for running the game. And also check what type of error you were getting at city loading using MM2 Console, the errors maybe written in yellow or red color.

PhoenixGamez
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby PhoenixGamez » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:25 am

So I did the new profile, checked last vehicle played, changed the heap size to 1024, and ran Dgvoodoo.cpl and .conf in the folder and without. I don't have Dgvoodoo DirectX Wrapper, and as for running it without MM2hook and Dgvoodoo, I will get either a heap error or a display error. Also, i ran the console to see, and it's has a yellow error and a red error, so I hope this will be able to help more.
Attachments
Screenshot (354).png

~LD

DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby DriverX » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:28 am

Hi :adios: , use the older version of MM2hook-
MM2Hook.zip
https://www.mediafire.com/file/de3wm4zc ... k.zip/file
MM2Hook_dll.zip
https://www.mediafire.com/file/etb6g7mr ... l.zip/file

I found that this version does not crashes at city loading. Hope this may help......
Also download revisited v6 (found at discord server) because the error in image clearly say that the vpbullet(Default Car- Fastback) has something missing maybe headlight issue, revisited v6 car model may fix this issue..

PhoenixGamez
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby PhoenixGamez » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:12 am

Hi :adios: , use the older version of MM2hook-
MM2Hook.zip
https://www.mediafire.com/file/de3wm4zc ... k.zip/file
MM2Hook_dll.zip
https://www.mediafire.com/file/etb6g7mr ... l.zip/file

I found that this version does not crashes at city loading. Hope this may help......
Also download revisited v6 (found at discord server) because the error in image clearly say that the vpbullet(Default Car- Fastback) has something missing maybe headlight issue, revisited v6 car model may fix this issue..
So my Logitech G920 was causing the issues, luckily that is fixed now. But now I am getting a different set of errors, plus the cars has no models. Anyone know why this is happening? Also ignore the black square in the middle, I get that error a lot.
Attachments
Screenshot (361).png
Screenshot (360).png

~LD

PhoenixGamez
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby PhoenixGamez » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:25 am

We got it running finally!!! No more errors and I can finally play the actual game. Thanks to all of you guys and the people on the discord server Midclub town. I appreciate all of your guys' help and I'd love to get multiplayer set up. Just so if anyone looks at this and needs the help: Download the older MM2hook and MM2hook.dll from DriverX, download DgVooDoo, copy both the x86 Glide1-3 and the MS stuff in the x86 folder to the MM2 game director, and extract MM2hook and MM2hook.dll, copying those files and putting them into the game directory as well. Once in there, make sure to set your display to the DgVooDoo DirectX Wrapper and you are all set! Once again, thank you everyone and I'd love to play some MM2 with you all! Have a nice day everyone.

~LD

DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby DriverX » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:25 am

We got it running finally!!! No more errors and I can finally play the actual game. Thanks to all of you guys and the people on the discord server Midclub town. I appreciate all of your guys' help and I'd love to get multiplayer set up. Just so if anyone looks at this and needs the help: Download the older MM2hook and MM2hook.dll from DriverX, download DgVooDoo, copy both the x86 Glide1-3 and the MS stuff in the x86 folder to the MM2 game director, and extract MM2hook and MM2hook.dll, copying those files and putting them into the game directory as well. Once in there, make sure to set your display to the DgVooDoo DirectX Wrapper and you are all set! Once again, thank you everyone and I'd love to play some MM2 with you all! Have a nice day everyone.
You should also try to run MM2 with latest version of mm2hook...

PhoenixGamez
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby PhoenixGamez » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:14 pm

You should also try to run MM2 with latest version of mm2hook...
Oh ok. My bad, I'll try it out as well.

~LD

DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby DriverX » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:41 pm

If you get too much error while playing game, you may downgrade mm2hook and have you tried to run your game using your Logitech as I run this game using playstation4 remote, all you have do is run the game using keyboard and in game connect your Logitech, go to option, select control option, select controllers and change to your desired controller, If you're unable to see your controller name then it's controller problem maybe not compatible with this game... Try it...