Can't keep MM2 running On Windows 10

PhoenixGamez
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 2 years 6 months

Can't keep MM2 running On Windows 10

Postby PhoenixGamez » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:05 am

Hey everyone. I am trying to get MM2 to launch on my PC, but everytime I try to run it and go do a race I keep getting random Heap errors. I did the Heap Editor but it immediately crashes when dragging the MM2.exe to it or opening it. I've ran that on Admin mode as well as the .exe itself. Another trouble I have is when I copy over the Windows XP Compatibility Patch it refuses to launch at all. I'm sure I am missing something but i don't know what. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
"When life is getting rough, always remember: There is a demon watching you to protect you...."

~LD

DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Re: Can't keep MM2 running On Windows 10

Postby DriverX » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:17 am

Hello! Use MM2hook to get rid from Heap Errors.
Here's the link- https://github.com/Fireboyd78/mm2hook

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:13 pm

-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

PhoenixGamez
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby PhoenixGamez » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:24 am

So I went ahead and did both of what you guys have said, but I am still getting the heap error. I am at a complete loss, not knowing what to do. I don't know if it's the new Windows Update that could cause it or what.
Attachments
Screenshot (344).png
"When life is getting rough, always remember: There is a demon watching you to protect you...."

~LD

DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby DriverX » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:38 am

I know this issue, just reinstall the game and go to the stunt driver crash course, play the first course i.e freeway flyer and then quit to race menu. Before you play any other race, install mm2hook first then dgvoodoo. Your game should work.

DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby DriverX » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:14 am

Oh wait a minute, you only installed the mm2hook_dll.zip file, there is also other file called mm2hook.zip on GitHub

PhoenixGamez
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby PhoenixGamez » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:56 pm

Oh wait a minute, you only installed the mm2hook_dll.zip file, there is also other file called mm2hook.zip on GitHub
My bad on the pic, I did install the full mm2hook.zip. I forgot to scroll down and take the 2nd pic as well. I'll go ahead and reinstall it, doing it that way. I am using the archive.org MM2 with the crack .exe, since it won't run without it. If that not how I should be doing it then let me know.

~LD

PhoenixGamez
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby PhoenixGamez » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:17 pm

I know this issue, just reinstall the game and go to the stunt driver crash course, play the first course i.e freeway flyer and then quit to race menu. Before you play any other race, install mm2hook first then dgvoodoo. Your game should work.
I went ahead and clicked play race on Frequent Flyer, but it still gave me the heap error. I'm not sure if it's the crack that is given through the MM2.nrg or what.

~LD

DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby DriverX » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:55 pm

What type of error was displayed after installing mm2hook. It should be like Guru Meditation not fatal error.

If you're getting guru meditation error, delete discord rich presence. After this, you're still getting error, delete the whole mm2 directory and re-download the game from myabandondware.com or ask someone on discord.

After getting the game, download mm2hook(both two files). Then extract mm2hook.zip and mm2hook_dll.zip file on mm2 directory. Open the game and play any race. Your game should work. After this you should install dgvoodoo2 for 60fps in the game.

If you want to check whether mm2hook is completely installed, open mm2hook.ini file and at the last of config file enable mm2hook console. If you're getting console before opening of game, yes! Mm2hook is working properly. After this just disable console.....

PhoenixGamez
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby PhoenixGamez » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:39 am

What type of error was displayed after installing mm2hook. It should be like Guru Meditation not fatal error.

If you're getting guru meditation error, delete discord rich presence. After this, you're still getting error, delete the whole mm2 directory and re-download the game from myabandondware.com or ask someone on discord.

After getting the game, download mm2hook(both two files). Then extract mm2hook.zip and mm2hook_dll.zip file on mm2 directory. Open the game and play any race. Your game should work. After this you should install dgvoodoo2 for 60fps in the game.

If you want to check whether mm2hook is completely installed, open mm2hook.ini file and at the last of config file enable mm2hook console. If you're getting console before opening of game, yes! Mm2hook is working properly. After this just disable console.....
Sorry for edit change, but now I got it to launch again. I deleted the discord rpc but to my luck it still does Guru meditation error. I reinstalled the game and put the files back in, deleting the discord stuff as well with the same Guru Meditaion error. Once I exit the error then a heap error as well as a Heap OwO error would show up, with the owo one popping up a lot. So what file is the Discord rich presence. I will put this here, I'm not allowed to have discord due to some personal reasons.
Attachments
Screenshot (346).png

~LD

DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby DriverX » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:30 am

As far as I know the versions above 3391 are compatible with mm2hook. You should download this game from www.myabandonware.com. After downloading repeat the steps given above...

PhoenixGamez
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby PhoenixGamez » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:58 pm

I have gotten it to run again with the link you sent me, but still getting Guru meditation. I followed the steps, and I even searched in the search bar anything relating to discord rich presence, but nothing is pulling up for it. All discord relating stuff is deleted like I said above, so what do I even do now?

~LD

DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby DriverX » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:56 pm

What type of file you downloaded - rip file or ISO file??
Also tell that when you get an error? At starting or choosing a race?

PhoenixGamez
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby PhoenixGamez » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:53 pm

I was using the ISO at first, but now I'm doing the RIP. The error pops up after trying to load into the map. It shows the cars just fine and everything else seems to work. But after clicking the button to start the race and the loading bar finishes loading, it gives me the Guru Error.

~LD

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:22 pm

Looks like the problem it's the copy of the game that you've got, and the second screenshot certainy confirms this. It looks to be a ripped version of the game, with just the game files in a folder and cracked EXE. If you also have the ISO of the original disc with the setup installer, it's always better use it, IMHO.
Try to use the edited EXE present in this release (take only the Midtown2.exe file and replace the one in the game folder) together with the MM2Hook files (only those from the mm2hook_dll.zip archive, because this is the compiled file of that patch, while the other much bigger one is only its source code).
Anyway, now you said to have got to launch the game and it crashes during the city loading, without any mod and add-on .ar file. Looks weird at first sight...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|