MM2 doesn't work on Windows 10

matth
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 17 years

Postby matth » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Hi guys!

Sorry for the bother, I'm afraid I might be asking something others have already asked
I've been away from MM2 for a few years but now I've time to get back I'd like to install it back.
I'm running on Windows10.
I've installed the program but when I hit the "play" button, nothing ever happens.

Has anyone had the same issue?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:58 pm

I've helped you via PMs, so far. Check my latest new PM.
Report any possible error message you could get from the game. Run the game on Windows 10 is a sensitive case, apparently.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

matth
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby matth » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Haha so I gather, I've been reading the recent topics, seems like lots of us have had trouble.

For now I'm downloading and installing DirectX, which is odd actually because it looked like it had already installed it earlier... I hope it will work and let you know

matth
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby matth » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Okay, according to a friend, this might be due to an unfortunate windows update so I created a Virtual Machine with Windows XP. Now the game works... IF I don't use any downloaded car, otherwise I can't select it, the game crashes. I tried to use the heap patch but it won't even extract itself

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:56 pm

The DirectX 7.0 installing didn't do anything? The virtual machine with Windows XP appositely made to play MM2 is a good solution, also if not so comfortable to use. What are the graphic settings? Can you use the Hardware Rendering and get the best graphic quality? You can't use add-on cars? The reasons can be various.
The Heap Patcher archive is in .7z format, supported by the most recent versions of WinRar, too; extract it from the archive to the desktop and then add the EXE file in the virtual machine to run it from there.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

matth
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby matth » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:19 pm

No I'm afraid the system wouldn't have DirectX installed. Then I installed a more modern version but MM2 kept asking me to install it anyway ^^

Well, for now graphics are not quite my priority... even if the game does only take part of the screen. One problem at a time ^^

About the patcher, that's what I tried to do, but I don't know why, the extraction does not work properly...

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:29 pm

Check my new PM for you. Concerning the not working cars add-ons, recreate a new play profile, doing it in-game or by deleting the Player folder in the main game folder and then run the game.

matth
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby matth » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Hey guys!

I'm happy to say that I finally got MM2 to work on windows 10 thanks to a youtube video! :)

If it can help...

midtown96
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby midtown96 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:58 pm

I know this fix works for nvidia cards but not amd cards.
Please help me to find a patch for amd cards!