MM2 Setup does not start on Windows 10

cedricm
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

MM2 Setup does not start on Windows 10

Postby cedricm » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:31 pm

So I put my MM2 disc in the drive and try to install MM2 on Windows 10.
I'm getting this error:

I tried XP SP2 compatibility mode with admin rights and all sorts of other combinations, but I keep getting this error when launching the setup :(

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:41 pm

That's critical, I've no clue on how fix this, but it's weird the phrase written on the message box title bar.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

cedricm
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby cedricm » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:17 am

That's critical, I've no clue on how fix this, but it's weird the phrase written on the message box title bar.
Yes it's weird that "Microsoft CART" is mentioned in the title bar, but that's probably a copy/paste error from Microsoft when they made the installer.

pibraclab
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Postby pibraclab » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:41 pm

So weird. I've Windows 10 too and no problem to run MM2. Maybe CD is corrupted. Try to download the game in the web. You can find full version quite easly.

cedricm
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby cedricm » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:51 pm

I've installed the game successfuly on an XP virtual machine, applied XP patch and no-cd patch, Copied over the program files to the W10 machine and now I'm able to play the game.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:34 pm

Well done, that has been a great move. :wink: After all, the problem was only with the game setup installer. Have the game installed isn't really necessary for its working.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|