Not able to run MM2 on Vista again.

Fuyunyan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 8 years

Not able to run MM2 on Vista again.

Postby Fuyunyan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:14 am

As you all know the Win 10 is my primary computer but I want to use my old Vista sometimes to play MM2.

So, it was hooked up to the Internet so my dad could update ITunes and Norton, after that I tried to start up MM2 with the Heap Patcher, and the .exe file that runs the game was the modified one up for download on this site. The game didn't load so I browsed the web a little then a message from Norton came up saying "Are you sure you want to run this?" saying that the heap patcher and MM2.exe could be dangerous. I have no idea why this happened because several months earlier I opened up Norton and told it to ignore the Midtown Madness 2 folder and all its contents... Does anyone know why this happened?

mishalmohamed2
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 7 years 3 months

Postby mishalmohamed2 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:16 pm

Dude Norton is so freaking overprotective.
Change your antivirus to Avast or AVG or anything other than Norton.
And the Heap Patcher changes the mm2 exe files stuff and also the "Date Modified" changes too. That way Norton might have got triggered.
Try to Disable Norton for some minutes, delete the exe, download speedboot and extract mm2.exe to the directory where mm2 is installed and use the Heap Patcher again.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:25 pm

Is always better to avoid to use Norton antivirus, or at least, exclude from its seeking all the game folder and any other MM2 related .exe file that you're going to download, like the Heap Patcher. The problems you're getting are certainly annoying issues with it.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:06 pm

Dude Norton is so freaking overprotective.
Change your antivirus to Avast or AVG or anything other than Norton.
And the Heap Patcher changes the mm2 exe files stuff and also the "Date Modified" changes too. That way Norton might have got triggered.
Try to Disable Norton for some minutes, delete the exe, download speedboot and extract mm2.exe to the directory where mm2 is installed and use the Heap Patcher again.
Mcaffee IMO is worse than Norton, not so long ago it stopped my internet working until I uninstalled it. Bah
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here