MM2 lags with Windows 8

berkay2756
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 9 years

MM2 lags with Windows 8

Postby berkay2756 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:20 am

Hello, I just joined to Midtown Madness 2 eXtreme.
What I want to ask is,I am a Windows 8 user. I installed MM2. But it lags very very much. Is MM2 mismatched with Windows 8?

Thank you.

midtown96
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby midtown96 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:20 pm

Here is a video to fix the problem.

This works for me and i hope it works for you!

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:49 pm

What sort of trick is this! MM2 working on windows 8? 8O

Okay, kidding. On a more serious side, WOW! If this is really legit, I might actually resume activity in the community sometime.

Is there a similar fix for MM1?

Edit: This works great! Thanks for sharing it. Glad I stumbled onto this thread.

Just one thing, I keep getting graphic glitches (unfortunately I was unsuccessful in snapping a picture). But it will be like this brown (or green or gray or whatever) polygon will show up briefly, sometimes taking up the whole road, sometimes on the side of the screen, etc. Might you have the same things?
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

midtown96
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby midtown96 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Did you follow the instructions in the video?
This fix works for me in mm2 with no problem.
However, I have problem with mm1 in windows 8.
No one of the fixes from the video works for me on mm1.
I can only run the game in software renderer.
The game lags if I run the game in hardware renderer and the videopatcher from aaro4130 doesnt works for me and I have tried to fix the problem in more than one half year and I dont have fixed the problem? Please help!

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby BIGzee » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Here is a video to fix the problem.
This works for me and i hope it works for you!
The above fix works but with problems anew. Random black vertical faces keep popping up while driving through certain areas in SF, BIG ones 8O Hence reverted back to the good ol' alt-tabbing solution. Thanks a lot for the fix anyway, midtown96. Could squeeze a good 22-24 fps outta this - way better than any other method :)
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.