MM2 seems to not wanna work...

Suicunelover1485
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

MM2 seems to not wanna work...

Postby Suicunelover1485 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:58 am

Alrighty... i recently found my old copy of the game, and wanna install it on my HP Laptop... it has Windows 7, and the install went fine but no it won't let me play it. Shows the screen with the logo and beetle, but then the CD stops turning and it plays. Is it my OS or my CD Drive? Any help appreciated... thanks.

ettieapple
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Postby ettieapple » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:58 am

Hello,

I never got any problems with mm2 on Windows 7. I'm not sure what could cause the problem, could be the cd drive indeed.
[color=white]!!!Frysl?n boppe!!![/color]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby whoami » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:55 am

Download Speedboot from here. Copy the midtown2.exe to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Midtown Madness 2. The CD won't be needed then.
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

Suicunelover1485
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Suicunelover1485 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:21 pm

Download Speedboot from here. Copy the midtown2.exe to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Midtown Madness 2. The CD won't be needed then.
Sweet! Works fine now! Thanks! Just gotta get the sound working so that shouldn't be a problem! Thanks!

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby whoami » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:26 pm

I was actually useful? :o You're welcome, and for sound, try going to Options>Audio and set the Device to "Primary Sound Driver".
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

Suicunelover1485
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Suicunelover1485 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:35 pm

New problem arose, lol. I got the MM2 Revisited 5 download and added it, but now it'll load but keeps crashing at the loading screen... me thinks i missed something somewhere...

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:07 pm

The best solution for game launching problems is the use of the Speedboot, that's also a no-CD crack. Gets annoying use the game disc to only run the game.
Using Windows 7 as OS is also suggested to set the running as administrator from the shortcut properties, in Compatibility tab.

About the new problem with MM2 Revisited V5, read the Readme files in it and make sure to put in the game folder only the .ar files that are really needed.
For example, there's an optional one made to remove all the 20 default cars of the game, which if used, requires the deleting of the players folder for the game players profiles, otherwise the game crashes while first loading. Use it only if you really want.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|