SIREN0 SIREN1 objects not working :(

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

SIREN0 SIREN1 objects not working :(

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:10 am

Hi all iam new here i have a big problem the SIREN0 SIREN1 objects not working :( what should i do to make them work in the game? please some one help me!!

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby e-cobra » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi, welcome here. :)
What happens when you press horn button? Does the game crash? If yes, make sure you have a corresponding 'addonvehicletypes.ar' (or whatever its called) file with your vehicle's basename.
If sirens don't crash game, then make sure SIREN0 and SIREN1 objects' axis is centered.
For details, see this.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi e-cobra the game didnot crash and iam not centered the SIREN0 SIREN1 objects but iam working on nfs most wanted mod so the cop cars in most wanted have more than 4 sirens (i mean make the cop car have many cop lights) in mm2 so what happened if i centered these objects?
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 innovation of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 mod of the year

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:08 pm

MM2 cars can't have more than 4 "SIREN" objects. If you make more faces for same objects, then the axis of that object will be somewhere in the center of the different faces (parts), somewhere inside the car. So, like headlight objects, the axis defines the position where glowballs (light; I said glowball because they look so) appear and if axis is inside the car, siren light will not be visible, as it is inside the car. :wink:
Just an example of what I'm saying here.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:22 pm

The cop car have SRN0 SRN1 SRN2 SRN3 SIREN0 SIREN1 together and i had seen from some one have a list have more than these objects,how to make SIREN0 & SIREN1 glowing with SRN0 SRN1 SRN2 SRN3? :)

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:34 pm

The cop car have SRN0 SRN1 SRN2 SRN3 SIREN0 SIREN1 together and i had seen from some one have a list have more than these objects,how to make SIREN0 & SIREN1 glowing with SRN0 SRN1 SRN2 SRN3?:)
As Silent1Unknown's tutorial says, use of SIREN0 and SIREN1 is 'mysterious'. Maybe its just a different name to the siren light bar. :roll: and they cannot be made to glow.
[img][/img]

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:49 pm

SIREN0 and SIREN1 are UNUSED objects. Add SRN0 SRN1 SRN2 and SRN3 with the H:m prefix, center axis, and export to game.
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi guys if you import the fire truck in zmodeler you will see the SIREN0 SIREN1 objects with SRN0 SRN1 SRN2 SRN3 :wink: and what are you mean ' mysterious'?

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:05 pm

Iam sure SIREN0 SIREN1 objects will glow if i made every thing right :wink: iam just want to the correct steps and correct names of it :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Some of us already know how are the things about this.
As already said, the SIREN0 and SIREN1 objects are really unused. The real used ones are the other 4 SRN0, SRN1, SRN2 and SRN3 objects, with the ":m" suffix for the generating of the respective .mtx files, the one that's really required for the game, being just a light glow placer. The exact thing is with the unused HLIGHT object and the used HEADLIGHT0 and HEADLIGHT1 objects.
These unused objects are just leftovers from MM1, where they're used instead of the other objects, introduced with MM2. The main in-game visive difference between them are that in MM1 the lights glows have a flattened look, exactly like their objects, instead in MM2 they have a volumetric look and the size increasing and decreasing variation on the camera view moving.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi franch88 :) do you mean if i remove SRN0 SRN1 SRN2 SRN3 objects the SIREN0 SIREN1 will glow in the game? :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Huh? Where do you see that I mean that? Essentially I mean to use only the 4 SRN0, SRN1, SRN2 and SRN3 objects, the 2 SIREN0 and SIREN1 objects, no. In MM2 the 2 SIREN0 and SIREN1 objects have no function.
In-game are indeed visible 4 glows for the cop cars lights, and they're indeed made by those 4 objects.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:16 pm

Sorry but i have mm2 overhauled mod so i extracted it and i imported the 2000impalacop.pkg into zmodeler then i saw SIREN0 SIREN1 objects with out SRN0 SRN1 SRN2 SRN3 objects and i put it in the game and the car's sirens working!! what that mean? :roll:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:57 pm

I've checked that car .pkg file and it's indeed so. Now I have no idea of why the sirens on that car works with only those two objects, but however hasn't been so with you, otherwise you hadn't posted this topic.
Just do this, use all the 6 objects, the sirens will absolutely have to work in-game, getting 4 glows colored as you've decided from the colors of the materials assigned to those objects. Don't forget the adding of your car basename in the vehtypes.csv file, that has to be put in a separated .ar file.

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi all :) when i had imported the mustang cruiser i saw the SIREN0 SIREN1 objects were black or textured why?