Does anyone still play CnR?

trinton
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 7 years 2 months

Does anyone still play CnR?

Postby trinton » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:51 am

Recently, over the last couple years, started remembering this game from when I played it during my child hood around the year 2000. Twenty years ago! Believe it or not! Wow. Time flies.

Anyways, recently setup a game with family and man it was fun. Can't believe how much I missed this game and it's quirky but lovable and addicting physics.

I stopped playing around when they took the MSN Gaming Zone offline and when I was too poor to afford an Xbox for MM3 .... tried all of the custome servers and stuff too but they were glitchy and just Bus racing... no Panoz GTR! -_-

But I am back now :D Curious if anyone actually plays the game? Private servers and what not once in a while? Read about a discord servers too but not sure if any games actually taking place?

Would love to play some fun rounds... MM2x seems to be the only remaining heartbeat of Midtown Madness that I have been able to come across...

I do play Forza Horizon 4 and racing sims... but it is just simply not the same.

Best thing would be to see Microsoft bring back Midtown Madness under a Forza Engine... or maybe even a cops and robbers mode for Forza?

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Re: Does anyone still play CnR?

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Hey there, nice of you to visit 👍
I think there might be some private servers for CNR still about, I'm not sure where exactly though.
Hard to believe MM2 will be 20 years old soon, the entire MM series is of adult age already. It's good you had such a distant memory of playing MM2. I've already played MM2 myself for over 10 years now (along with MM1 although MM1 not as much)
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

DjDecibel
MM2 eXtreme Owner
MM2 eXtreme Owner
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Italy

Postby DjDecibel » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:35 pm

hello, and welcome back to MM2 :D
yes mm2x is still alive..

about the online games we usually use GameRanger you can check there if there's any game

trinton
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby trinton » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:45 am

hehe. mm2x was always one of the top 3 sites I visited to download cool cars and mods... because you know... there was always that crazy fast mini cooper in cruise mode or high alt - my personal favourite mode!

GameRanger looks pretty cool... they got Fifa 07 in there LOL - SO OLD. No MM2 though. When do you guys normally play ?

XxBaciYiYeN69xX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 4 years 1 month

Postby XxBaciYiYeN69xX » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:31 pm

oh hi i am still playing for nostalgy xd

papak
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 4 years

Postby papak » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:30 pm

i want to play CnR but i dont have any friends to play mm2 :(((((

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Postby carfan1061 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:17 pm

Use the 3rd party program called "gameranger", that's where people play, but unfrotunatly most of the week goes without games. On the bright side, people still play on weekends and holidays.

Join mm2 on discord, that's where the mm community hangs out
https://discord.gg/t2zv2w7

trinton
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby trinton » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:58 am

Gameranger is pretty good. Managed to get some games going and met some new folks.

We have a game going now.. 3 people... could use more! Hope in! Better stay in and play mm2 then to go out and risk getting the Corona Virus!