Why Do We Play Midtown Madness?

Tell all why you still play it

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years

Why Do We Play Midtown Madness?

Postby COOLGUY200 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:13 am

Simply tell all why you play Midtown Madness, after all these years. I play it for fun, and to try mods by others to see how they can improve the game.

pibraclab
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Postby pibraclab » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:35 am

I play MM2 because it's fun and this is the only game i know to make 3D model and try it. Moreover, it's enough easy to import cars. It's just bad MM3 was not imported on PC support.
Otherwise, i think this game need a redesign graphic to be updated. A reborn mod somehow.

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years

Postby FXANBSS » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:28 am

Otherwise, i think this game need a redesign graphic to be updated. A reborn mod somehow.
Midtown Madness Clone.
https://www.mm2x.com/modules.php?name=Forum ... pic&t=5550

Sadly it doesn't use Unreal Engine 4 but it's cool anyway.

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:48 am

I just like the gameplay. Compared to games like Need for Speed that are very pressuring to play, Midtown Madness is a far easier, slower paced racing game. Cruise Mode in Midtown Madness is a game mode that none of the newer games like Need for Speed or Test Drive Unlimited could offer; just driving around at your own pace, no races, no pop-up events and no pressure, compared to games like Need for Speed Rivals where you are blasting through the world in your tuned supercar with helicopters, spike traps and every exotic police car possible on your tail, hungry for your rapidly growing loot of Speedpoints.

It's just pretty simple; for me Midtown Madness can't be replaced, it has been just about 17 years now, and no other racing game has ever come close to my style of gameplay than Midtown Madness. I may not be able to keep playing it forever, which is why I am hoping for a HD Midtown Madness reboot to be released ASAP, featuring new cars, cheats and is easy to mod and maybe some DLC and Expansion Packs.
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best active member avatar
Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby BIGzee » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:06 pm

The Short version:
Spoiler
My entire childhood was fit straight in MM1's hooniganism, and all those things I did in it back then :twisted:. I got my original MM1 copy stuck to the back of a digital news magazine. Never knew there was a dedicated community, never had internet back then, and actually never knew the internet wasn't just for emails - Such purity and docile-ness :oops: (obviously loong before i got ruined). Phew !! So many nevers, and here's another one - I never played MM2 in my childhood ever except for this once - I stared at an MM2 player, playing MM2 and it looked like a bunch of hooey, pardon my strong language :tongue:. Yes, I compared it to MM1 as a kid and knew it was slapstick. Shiny bright guy he was, the kid version of me :o. Sad but true, bruv thought the opposite.

I have an autistic brother. You fellas know how it is - the way we've to pound on him like he's an animal or psychopath when one of his moods kick in. Isn't all that bad right now. Recently he was going thru his 'Awesome / That's so Cool' phase and he started to have thing for cars. Then popped up MM2 in one of those cobweb arenas in the corner of my mate's Ext HDD and there came his happy days. He was stuck on to it. Engrossed. But not for long, It didn't last. He got bored of it and he continued about.

And that's when i decided I would make some addon stuff for bruv, cuz he loved stuff that was 'made' .. knowing it was special and watsoever. And thankfully by then I had enough dough for a new lappy. Terribly silly of me, I decided to search for How to's on car addon making for MM2 instead of looking for already made cars. I got Silent1Unknown's and carking1996's [TUT]s and went thru the stuff and decided to give it a try but Snags. Huge cu*ts of a problem they were, which i wasted a couple of months on using the wrong softwares n such.

Then came the right thing - my quest to search for the wizards Silent1Unknown and carking1996 (totally !! that's how i set out, believe or not). And I stumbled onto this place, guess how I'd felt ? It also took me a month to figure this place had a forum too !! Truly a douchebag, I am. I desperately contacted Franch88, he remembers that moment, maybe LOLOL. And then boy.. all the help with those stuff,and with my baby.. sorry, spoonfeed requests, staggeringly long PMs, so-called completed uploads that i sent him, which were no different than raw unedited snuff films that were impossible to second-glance at. But heyy, eveyone has a start, right ? But NO. Not even this sounds like hope in my case. The first ones were ghoulish.

I was able to make some content works thanks to everyone who helped me by making my younger brother smile, every six hours of a day he spends on MM2. Honestly, he is the die hard MM2 fan. Not me. For me itz ever been NFS series, GTA:SA, and my all favorite MM1, and I'm happy with it even with 1 FPS. This people ...is the reason I (not play) help in MM2 modding. Even this until he gets bored of and decides to jump onto something else. I'd have to play along with the tide as well *sigh* .. responsibility. Really hope he doesn't get interested in GTA in his almost near 'Power Rangers Suck' phase. Thatt.. I'll make sure he doesn't :P :police:.

I kinda also imagine what my life woulda been if I didn't decide to try MM2 and stuff, stumble into this community and start ample modding :wassat:. Ah.. and yes, make trustworthy friends :wink4:. Congrats, you made it to the end.
Last edited by BIGzee on Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:12 pm

Currently I'm playing it mostly because of mods

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:49 pm

I play MM1 and MM2 because there easy to mod and just fun games to play. :)
Retired from modifying Midtown Madness games. Nowadays I mod Crashday Redline Edition in my spare time.

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby e-cobra » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:48 pm

Because it's open world, lets you drive on any surface the car gets on and does not have invisible walls at end of track. And of course the mods. :)
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:32 pm

I still play MM2 after 13 years because I still see it like an unique game, with an impressive free roaming. :) In a first phase, I've played it to complete and unlock everything and to explore well the cities of what has been my first driving game with a free roaming on real cities reproductions. In the successive years, I've played it mostly for the new add-ons and mods downloaded, then also to try the stuff that I've made for it, and now it's mostly for beta testing, to make screenshots and to try the new stuff, especially because of publishing purposes.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|