Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Diatosta » Tue May 20, 2014 8:04 am

#SelfPromotion much Aaro? ;P
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

fastback428
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Postby fastback428 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:57 am

Nice job whoami! Glad you got it figured out! I am still not quite sure why my machine will run with just the files from the zip. I now dual boot with Win 7, and it does perform much better on there. Will save this for sure though. Great to have.
[img][/img]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Postby whoami » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:48 am

Nice job whoami! Glad you got it figured out! I am still not quite sure why my machine will run with just the files from the zip. I now dual boot with Win 7, and it does perform much better on there. Will save this for sure though. Great to have.
LOL, thanks, not that it's much of a help. :P Alt+Tab in and Alt+Tab out is a better solution - less buggy too, if only temporary.
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby whoami » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Whoops for the double post, but there's more!

By disabling the speedometer (press H to do that), MM2 plays awesome in Windows 8.1. Now only the menus lag, but that's okay. The game works. :D

fastback428
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby fastback428 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:50 pm

Interesting. I would not have thought the speedometer would have made a difference. As for the menu, I was doing a little experimenting and found the the menus start to flash when I run MM2 using dedicated NVIDIA graphics instead of Intel on Windows 7. Might be some setting that MM2 doesn't like in the graphics control panel on the PC causing lag.
[img][/img]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby whoami » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:18 am

Interesting. I would not have thought the speedometer would have made a difference. As for the menu, I was doing a little experimenting and found the the menus start to flash when I run MM2 using dedicated NVIDIA graphics instead of Intel on Windows 7. Might be some setting that MM2 doesn't like in the graphics control panel on the PC causing lag.
I think that's a known issue - MM2 doesn't like NVIDIA cards for some reason... I use my dedicated AMD GPU in Windows 7 without any problems.

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby aaro4130 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:51 pm

menus start to flash when I run MM2 using dedicated NVIDIA graphics instead of Intel on Windows 7. Might be some setting that MM2 doesn't like in the graphics control panel on the PC causing lag.

...close your programs before running it then. It's a known issue with any card that it can't render 60fps if you're CPU is being overloaded or something.

Happened to me on my AMD card and my NVIDIA card when I was using 14GB of RAM and 60% CPU
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

fastback428
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby fastback428 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:35 pm

...close your programs before running it then. It's a known issue with any card that it can't render 60fps if you're CPU is being overloaded or something.

Happened to me on my AMD card and my NVIDIA card when I was using 14GB of RAM and 60% CPU
I figured it was a graphic setting because the game ran perfect with the settings maxed when driving.It was just the menu screwed up. I wouldn't have thought my CPU would have been high. I have a Haswell 4th gen I7 quad core with 16 GB of ram available. I would have expected the lag to be in the game as well as the menu for CPU overload. Will give closing everything a shot with next time I am on. Thanks :D
[img][/img]

Kevin_Hahn
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Postby Kevin_Hahn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:33 am

I am really sad about this. I had a 2001 Compaq laptop toaster box that ran MM2 perfectly. Now I have a much more powerful laptop with Windows 8.1 and it plays like frozen molasses! :vsad:

After following these instructions, there is an improvement, but it still plays at about 10-14 FPS sometimes rapidly going up and down depending on how many objects there are in view. Completely unplayable with heavy traffic! :(
MIDTOWN MADNESS LIVES ON

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby whoami » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:20 pm

I am really sad about this. I had a 2001 Compaq laptop toaster box that ran MM2 perfectly. Now I have a much more powerful laptop with Windows 8.1 and it plays like frozen molasses! :vsad:

After following these instructions, there is an improvement, but it still plays at about 10-14 FPS sometimes rapidly going up and down depending on how many objects there are in view. Completely unplayable with heavy traffic! :(
Disabled the speedometer? If so, you should have 40-50 fps easily.

Kevin_Hahn
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Kevin_Hahn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:52 pm

Yep, I disabled it. No difference. I wonder if some of my add-ons are messing things up. Do you use Speedboot or mm2xppatch? That might have something to do with it...
MIDTOWN MADNESS LIVES ON

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby whoami » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:48 am

Yep, I disabled it. No difference. I wonder if some of my add-ons are messing things up. Do you use Speedboot or mm2xppatch? That might have something to do with it...
Not XP patch, but I do use Speedboot.

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:29 am

I've an idea, maybe not the best solution, but can't we run VirtualBox on Windows 8 with Windows 7 as guest OS while giving it a decent amount of RAM of host PC and play MM2 inside the virtual Win 7 system?
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

fastback428
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby fastback428 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:28 pm

I've an idea, maybe not the best solution, but can't we run VirtualBox on Windows 8 with Windows 7 as guest OS while giving it a decent amount of RAM of host PC and play MM2 inside the virtual Win 7 system?
I wish this would work. At least it didn't for me. It would not even run. It was a while ago I tried, but I believe a dialog said something about a missing graphic accelerator. I remember it being a virtual box and using the graphic card issue. That was on XP. Never tried Win 7.
[img][/img]

Kevin_Hahn
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Kevin_Hahn » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:16 pm

Sill, nothing really works, but if you run the installer as Windows 95 and don't add the speedboot patch, it works better (a consistent 18 FPS or so.) :| When I follow the instructions on the first post, it plays worse then just leaving the game raw. I might be doing something wrong, though...
MIDTOWN MADNESS LIVES ON