Golden Gate Racepack

A new racepack for San Francisco!

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Jimmy89 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:51 pm

A checkpoint or blitz from Golden Gate's tunnel to addon Bay Bridge's tunnel (or the other way around) by using the highway, that'd be awesome. However, I don't know if making opponents drive on Bay Bridge would be possible.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:16 am

However, I don't know if making opponents drive on Bay Bridge would be possible.
It's not possible.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Postby NotoriousA » Thu May 24, 2018 7:17 pm

Is this project cancelled?
I sure hope not. All of this looks amazing, and I can't wait to try out these races. Between this and the Imperial London Racepack, it almost seems like a brand new game, like MM2 - Second Edition or MM2 Revisited, but with no connection to the mod that was created of the same name.

I think it would be really cool for these racepacks to come with locked vehicles and special paintjobs to go along with them. I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to add in the coding for such things, but maybe that's only because I'm not an expert in coding and some veterans could tell me that essentially creating a brand new game would be a lot of work. But, hey, I can dream, can't I? :wink:
It's not getting cancelled just yet. The reason why I suddenly stopped posting progress is because I went on a mental block and caught up with a bunch of other stuff which led to me forgetting about MM2 until now. Since summer is nearing by, I might actually go back to working on this mod and finish it once and for all.

As for the unlockables, I don't think it's possible to implement such a thing without replacing an existing vehicle or a paintjob.
A checkpoint or blitz from Golden Gate's tunnel to addon Bay Bridge's tunnel (or the other way around) by using the highway, that'd be awesome. However, I don't know if making opponents drive on Bay Bridge would be possible.
I do have a blitz race planned for the Bay Bridge. However, it's gonna be a bit of a pain to place the checkpoints, since the bridge itself has inaccurate coordinates in the RaceMaker program.
[img][/img]

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby NotoriousA » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:27 pm

I've just finished making 5 new races, and I will reveal them all in one post! However, since there have been so many screenshots I've taken, I will only highlight the previews, start spots, and results, whereas the rest of the screenshots will be linked to a gallery.

Blitz #7 - Fort Ghirardelli

You have succeeded in your mission to steal all the chocolates and valuables from Ghirardelli Square, but just as you were about to leave the building, the police had arrived to stop you from infiltrating Fort Mason!

Features
  • Weather: Foggy Noon for Amateur, Foggy Evening for Pro.
  • Traffic Density: 40% on Amateur, 46% on Pro.
  • Time Limit: 58 seconds for Amateur, 52 seconds for Pro.
  • 3 Cops.
Start Spot

Results

Gallery

Blitz #8 - SOMA Parkour

Have you wondered how it would feel like to do your nightly workout routine, but with a car instead? Then this is the perfect course for you! You've got slaloms, you've got a couple of big jumps to make, you've got cops to give you that adrenaline rush, and you've got incoming traffic coming right at you. Go out there, and prove that you are a true student of the Golden Gate Stunt Driving School!

Features
  • Weather: Cloudy Evening for Amateur, Clear Night for Pro.
  • Traffic Density: 35% on Amateur, 40% on Pro.
  • Time Limit: 1:32 for Amateur, 1:28 for Pro.
  • 5 Cops in Amateur, 10 Cops in Pro.
  • 1 Opponent, which is a City Bus that serves as an incoming obstacle on the highway.
Start Spot

Results

Gallery

Blitz #9 - Bridge Runner

You have just returned from a trip to Oakland, and are now heading your way back home in San Francisco. However, you were being reckless behind the wheel and caused major traffic accidents, so now you have the police on your tail.

Features
  • Weather: Rainy Noon for Amateur, Rainy Evening for Pro.
  • Traffic Density: 43% on Amateur, 52% on Pro.
  • Time Limit: 1:50 for Amateur, 1:40 for Pro.
  • 3 Cops in Amateur, 7 Cops in Pro.
  • 7 Bus Roadblocks.
Start Spot

Results (after like 3 attempts)

Gallery

Checkpoint #11 - Sunset Crisis

You and seven other secret agents have been sent on a mission to retrieve lost artifacts from the Civic Center. With rival agencies and the police getting involved, there's going to be a lot of pressure put on you until you ship all of your prized goods to the docks.

Features
  • 7 Opponents.
  • Amateur Opponents: 3 Aston Martins, 2 Audi TTs, 2 Panoz Roadsters
  • Pro Opponents: 4 Panoz Roadsters, 3 Ford Mustang Cruisers
  • The ramp and boat from Frequent Flyer is included, as well as a new bridge built on the side of the docks for the AI to drive on.
  • Weather: Rainy Evening for Amateur, Cloudy Evening for Pro.
  • Traffic Density: 43% on Amateur, 37% on Pro.
  • 7 Cops + 7 Pursuers in Amateur, 11 Cops + 8 Pursuers + 2 Busblocks in Pro.
  • The pursuers consists of 4 Panoz GTRs (Roadsters in Amateur), 2 Roadsters, 1 Aston Martin, and 1 Audi TT.
Amateur

Professional

Results

Gallery

Checkpoint #12 - Dead Man's Hike

This craggy and lengthy race course is one that is feared by many. There's a lot of things that are capable of totalling you, including but not limited to bad landings, head-on collisions, police brutality, oversteering under the rain, and unexpected roadblocks. No matter how careful you are, you won't leave this race without a scratch on your car.

Features
  • 8 Opponents.
  • Amateur Opponents: 3 Aston Martins, 2 Roadsters, 2 Dune Beetles, 1 Audi TT
  • Pro Opponents: 3 Panoz GTRs, 3 Roadsters, 2 Aston Martins
  • Weather: Foggy Evening for Amateur, Rainy Evening for Pro.
  • Traffic Density: 38% on Amateur, 43% on Pro.
  • 13 in Amateur, 19 Cops in Pro.
  • 1 Bus Roadblock, and 2 Freightliner Roadblocks. (Freightliners are replaced with F350s and LTVs in Amateur.)
Amateur

Professional

You Again!?!?

Gallery
Last edited by NotoriousA on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img][/img]

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:17 pm

Good progress with the race mod!
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:44 pm

Ford Ghirardelli and Bridge Runner races look very original. Nice to see you back with this project, good work. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Postby cody » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:25 pm

Those are some pretty cool races. Was Dead Man's Hike inspired by the City Turnee race from the SF Racemod? It looks pretty similar, having so many checkpoints.
My Member Number is prime. LOL!

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby NotoriousA » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:45 am

Those are some pretty cool races. Was Dead Man's Hike inspired by the City Turnee race from the SF Racemod? It looks pretty similar, having so many checkpoints.
Not exactly. Was leaning more towards Lookout! and The Hills Are Alive, but the jump over Lombard Street was ultimately scrapped since it damaged out opponents early. The next checkpoint race, however, could be much more similar to the exact race you brought up!

I was going to post these two circuit races last night, but I was getting very sleepy so I only posted five out of seven new races. I also forgot to link the gallery to Dead Man's Hike, oops.

Circuit #7 - Alley After Alley

You and your fellow gang members decided to have a meetup outside the bus terminal to have a discussion about their next race. The gang leader proposed a highway drag race, but you were having none of that and instead opted for a circuit race that involves switching between different alleys. Seeing as the gang members have never done such a thing before, they agreed to do the challenge after much consideration.

Features
  • 6 Opponents.
  • Amateur Opponents: 2 Audi TTs, 2 Dune Beetles, 2 Ford Mustangs
  • Pro Opponents: 4 RSi Beetles, 2 Audi TTs
  • Weather: Rainy Noon for Amateur, Foggy Evening for Pro.
  • Traffic Density: 28% on Amateur, 32% on Pro.
  • 10 Cops in Amateur, 12 Cops in Pro.
Amateur

Professional

Lost Audi

Gallery

Circuit #8 - Uphill Struggle

You wanna know how it feels to drive a Hot Wheels track in MM2, well here ya go. This race involves going uphill and downhill several times with crazy cops scattered throughout. When you go up the Lombard Street, you're either gonna sent flying into orbit, or you'll be stuck like a gator in quicksand.

Features
  • 6 Opponents.
  • Amateur Opponents: 2 Ford F-350s, 2 Audi TTs, 2 Fastbacks
  • Pro Opponents: 2 Audi TTs, 2 Panoz Roadsters, 2 Aston Martins
  • Weather: Foggy Evening for Amateur, Rainy Evening for Pro.
  • Traffic Density: 30% on Amateur, 38% on Pro.
  • 9 Cops in Amateur, 14 Cops in Pro.
Amateur

Professional

This race summarized in one picture

Last Place

Gallery
[img][/img]

TONY9
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years
United States of America

Postby TONY9 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:13 am

Nice Job Giga!

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Good work.
-Seahawk

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:47 am

Great to see you back. Seeing you back again motivates me to get back to work too :D
All of them looks so amazing.

The idea of Fort Ghirardelli looks amazing. Starting with the unexplored areas is the beauty of making blitz races!
Finally you made Bridge Runner, a race that makes use of that revisited bridge! The cops at the start spot do make a lot sense! Definitely it doesn't look easy :)
The storyline of Sunset Crises makes complete sense with this game! If this game had a story mode, the race would be one of its missions :)
It would be amazing to play Dead Man's Hike. Man I love the front side side of GTRs in the picture of Professional Mode. They used to scare me when I was a kid back then. <3
The starting of Alley after Alley seems fantastic.
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby NotoriousA » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:00 pm

This is probably the most chaotic batch of races I have yet. From here on, you will encounter Rogue Opponents! Their sole purpose is to wreak havoc, rather to win a race.

Blitz #10 - Afterdark Pursuit

As it turns out, you're not the only fugitive from the San Francisco Police Department. A gang of street racers have been making some noise throughout the city, which is why there are so many cops out there in the middle of the night. You better bail out of San Francisco while you can, because the police and mobsters are about to go to war with one another!

Features
  • Weather: Clear Night for Amateur, Cloudy Night for Pro.
  • Traffic Density: 31% on Amateur, 39% on Pro.
  • Time Limit: 1:40 for Amateur, 1:32 for Pro.
  • 8 Cops in Amateur, 12 Cops in Pro.
  • 8 interrupting opponents consisting of Audi TTs, Aston Martins, Roadsters, and Panoz GTRs.
Start Spot

Rogues in Action!

Impending Doom

Gallery

Circuit #9 - Drive-By Circuit

Ever since the aforementioned street racing gang infiltrated San Francisco, the cops have been hard at work patrolling downtown. However, you're not gonna let them stop your fun, aren't you? Go out there, and play with the traffic as you sprint across this Figure-8 Circuit!

Features
  • 7 Opponents.
  • Amateur Opponents: 3 RSi Beetles, 3 Audi TTs, 1 Aston Martin.
  • Pro Opponents: 3 Aston Martins, 2 Panoz Roadsters, 2 Panoz GTRs.
  • Weather: Rainy Morning for Amateur, Clear Night for Pro.
  • Traffic Density: 36% on Amateur, 47% on Pro.
  • 9 Cops in Amateur, 15 Cops in Pro.
  • 2 "Cheating" Opponents that go backwards! Even though their checkpoint counter won't register, they're still capable of winning the race!
Amateur

Professional

Putting the Madness in Midtown Madness!

The Three Musketeers!

Gallery

Circuit #10 - Motorway Madness

This race is the epitome of chaos. You've got cops, you've got speeding traffic, you've got maniac racers by your side, and most of all, you've got a couple of behemoths running rampant in the motorway! If you can squeeze past your obstacles, you may just be a worthy contender of being the king of the road.

Features
  • 4 Regular Opponents, and 4 Rogue Opponents.
  • Amateur Opponents: 4 Aston Martins.
  • Pro Opponents: 4 Panoz Roadsters
  • Weather: Clear Night for Amateur, Foggy Morning for Pro.
  • Traffic Density: 28% on Amateur, 35% on Pro.
  • Traffic Speed Limit is changed to 90! (70 in Amateur)
  • 10 Cops in Amateur, 14 Cops in Pro.
  • Rogue opponents consists of heavy-duty vehicles such as Freightliners, Double Decker Buses, and City Buses.
Amateur

Professional

Mack Truck in Action!

Blooper: Lost Bus

Gallery

Hope you all enjoy the races I've shown! I'm seven races away from completing the pack now.
Last edited by NotoriousA on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img][/img]

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:17 pm

Mack Truck in Action!

I thought it was a Freightliner truck? Unless you were hinting at something :3

Nice progress on the race mod as always , me will patiently await further updates:)
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:37 pm

It's great that you're back with this project, and very nice work. :)

You put the same map image for both circuit number 8 and 9, though.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:33 pm

I have an idea of 2 races, a freight liner and city bus race in SF and a DD bus race in London.
-Seahawk