Successfully Upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit!

Merry Christmas to everyone

Doof4294967296
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Successfully Upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit!

Postby Doof4294967296 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi Guys I have good news. I just successfully upgraded my PC operating system to 64 bit! Everything worked fine as it should be! It made my PC slightly faster! Letting me use the half of my RAM (Physical Memory) from 2.48 to 3.47 GB out of 4. Okay, everything is fine, but all my data we're wiped out. Good thing I did a backup for my programs and data. I saw this folder "Windows.old" that I deleted cause I got my backup already lol. These are those data that came from the previous windows installation. Don't know if this is with every Windows version so if you are going to have a clean upgrade I suggest you make some backup of all your files/data. Also check if your processor is 64-bit capable if from 32-bit. I'll be installing GTA V soon, hoping it will work though. :/

Well, that's all. I just need to install so more important programs and drivers for my computer. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Stay cool everyone. :)

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby BIGzee » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:33 pm

:aprobar:. Did you overclock your A4 to 3.4 GHz? I have an A8 Quad Core that maxes out at 1.9, yet still manages to trip off the thermostat (lower clocks heat considerably lesser). I can now play mm2 only for 5 minutes max, beyond which it instantly shuts off my lappy.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

Doof4294967296
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Doof4294967296 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:25 am

I didn't overclocked my processor. Truely, AMD A4-5300 APU has 3.4 GHz. I tried to overclock it sometimes to 3.6 GHz but unfortunately, my computer failed to boot. So I decided to reset my BIOS. BTW, something about your laptop. It shuts down after 5 minutes of playing MM2?

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby BIGzee » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Mmhmm, yea. Its literally hot as hell when doing anything graphic intensive, including zm and 3ds max '09 and Surprising fact, it runs Hot Pursuit '10 and Burnout Paradise UB without building up anything above 85*c. MM2 burns up to 101*c before shutting it off. Plus I'm broke and can't afford a Cooling pad - Lame me :fight:. HHD and GFX cards never exceed 90*c.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

Doof4294967296
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Doof4294967296 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:05 pm

Woah that sucks though. Does the fan do anything for your laptop. I have a cooling pad in my laptop. Without the cooling pad, well doesn't even go hot like that. I put it just incase a long time of gaming that may cause overheating. Never experienced it though. Not even close at 90

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years

Postby FXANBSS » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:04 pm

3 Ram to run GTA V?
You need like 4 RAM or more and a Powerful graphic card to run that game at minimun graphics. :(
Otherwise it will lag as hell, anyway try to install it and see what happens because i am not expert at game perfomance.

Also the Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit is the best choice IMO!

Oh, since my dad, that knows a lot about PC, thanks to him i can run GTA V without framerate drops, the PC doesn't scream, i mean, it's doesn't make noise and it keeps cold, i don't need overclock because it runs good and also with overclock the graphic card damages, i mean, it has less time of life.

P.S: I don't play GTA V but i have seen it running in my Gaming PC.

Doof4294967296
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Doof4294967296 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:23 am

Such a strong PC you got there. Well as I say, I'll try it just for sure. Else if didn't run smoothly, I'm just gonna buy higher RAMs and a Discrete video card.