Poll: Which OS do you prefer for mobiles

Postby Doof4294967296 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:44 am

Let me see everyone's answer

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby BIGzee » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:58 am

I just need a new mobile phone with any OS :vsad: . Currently using an iPhone 2g on iOS 3.1.3, and a Samsung Galaxy y on gingerbread. Been messing with both worlds, modding them for updated looks and flawlessness. I prefer Android from a DEV's view maybe :roll: - Open Source, makes it possible for newbies to make their own ROMs. Tired of Cydia tweaking.

But the cooler apps on iOS take time to reach the Play store. That hurts. Hence I'm not gonna push it - I vote for iOS love :borracho:
Last edited by BIGzee on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby zoot » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:51 pm

Android is good for customization. iOS is great for just a clean and usable device.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years

Postby FXANBSS » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:45 pm

i don't have any of those mobiles, only a old one.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:30 pm

I choose Android because it's more open, diffused and there's an higher number of devices with this mobile OS, but I know that iOS means more safety and overall higher quality. The are also other little known mobile operative systems.
I have a Nexus 7 2012 tablet updated to Android 5 Lollipop which I use very little now.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

mm2car
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby mm2car » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:00 am

I don't have a smartphone. I thought about building a huge bulky one based around the Raspberry Pi, but it isn't 3g/4g compatible.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:10 pm

In my opinion, Android is the best phone OS. My choose is because Android is the most customizable, has a lot of apps avaliable and comes with the biggest variety of devices, letting the user choose between a lot of brands, specs and prices.

I recognize iOS as another really good mobile OS, also with a lot of apps avaliable and although less customizable, wins for it's simplicity. Unfortunately Apple won't let you choose between much devices, giving you only a few phones, really overpriced for it's functions (seriously, you can get a phone with the same specs for almost half the price), making their iPhones be just beautiful but overpriced devices for rich (or wannnabe) people. I truly appreciate the first iPhone for the huge amount of technology ahead for it's time, but now they just have popularity.

Windows OS.... Same problem about having less brands avaliable, but at least there's a more variety of models and prices. About the system itself, it's fast but just like Windows 8 it can be really confusing, and looses for not having really much apps avaliable, mainly the most famous ones. A lot of their users give the excuse they don't need those apps, but variety is important and that's a big reason to make this OS not really good and another one I wouldn't buy.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Postby Midtown2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:16 am

I like iOS for my phone (but certainly not for computers). The only thing I REALLY hate is that it takes up half the memory on my iPhone. Otherwise, I'm perfectly happy with it.

I must note though that I haven't tried Android as of yet except for brief stints on my friend's phone.

And I'm personally not a fan of anything new from windows (phone, computers, or Xbox) so yeah that's out.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:04 am

A bit off topic but... You said you don't like iOS for pc, neither Windows pcs, so you machine is running what? Ubuntu? :s

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Midtown2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:13 pm

I don't like current windows PC. I'm fine with my windows 7 computer but I really don't like 8. And the big problem is that the laptop I'll be getting for college is almost certainly going to be windows 8 (maybe 10 if I'm lucky)

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:04 pm

Oh, I understand now. I agree with you, Windows 8 requires more cpu than 7, and just like the mobile version it's much more confusing than it's antecedent. If you upgrade yours to 8 you'll be able to get Windows 10 for free, but although the demo version was considered better than 8 I'm not sure if it'll be as good for gaming as 7.

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Midtown2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:08 pm

I don't think I'll be using mine for gaming much (idk maybe because I'm not allowed to take my Xbox with me to college) but sad that midtown madness probably won't work on it. It's going to have to be a powerful laptop anyway so I might be able to decently play games on it. I just don't like the windows interface in general.

Which is exactly why I didn't get a windows phone and absolutely hate how my Xbox One works :-/

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:18 pm

I don't play pc for some time because as I've been saying arround here on the last months, mine is totalled, the graphic board fails a lot and I think there's some problem with the processor too, but the fix would be too expensive, even because it's a 32bit laptop with 6 or 7 years, all of it's specs suck and I broke the screen so I'm using a old monitor with it. I'm not sure when will I buy a new one, but meanwhile I began playing a lot in GameBoy Color and Advance emulators for Android, I'm a huge fan of retro 90's and early 2000's games. I'm trying to get my hands on a GameBoy Color and with some luck a classic GameBoy.

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby e-cobra » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Android, for its flexibility. I generally don't like Apple produces because the way their stuff is made, it doesn't encourage users to modify or customize much.
Off topic, but read 'Mac Airlines' from this, a nice analogy. :)
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Here in Portugal public computers (such as public schools or libraries computers) run Linux. I understand it's a stable software, it can be better than other OS in some situations for people who know how to use it but I really can't like it, neither anybody I know. I guess they just use it because it's free.

I guess there's any Linux fan over here but just in case a few years ago I had Linux installed on my PC, it had it's own partition in the hard drive until I had to replace it, but I ended up using it only for curiosity than anything else. The also famous Libreoffice is confusing to work when compared with Microsoft Office and the no compatibility with almost all games makes it useless for the main uses I give to a computer (gaming and work).