So, whats your experience with encrypted ISO's?

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

So, whats your experience with encrypted ISO's?

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:43 am

I downloaded some software in ISO format, but it was encrypted and the poster seems to have forgotten to put up a password. Is there any way to bypass the password of an ISO?
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

fastback428
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Postby fastback428 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:39 pm

Hmm, I have dealt with ISO files, but never came across a password protected one before. So, the actual iso has a password or like a compressed version of it?
[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:52 pm

As far as I know, the .iso disc image files can't have the password protection feature, it's something weird, too. Probably what you've downloaded is a protected archive with the .iso file inside. You could try a password brute-force scan with a passwords recovery program like this, it's only needed lot of time.
Sounds like you've downloaded one of those pirated programs where the "password" is put in a text file, but in it there's the link to a survey website which asks for cell phone numbers, and if you're afraid to complete it, then maybe you'll download another text file with the password written...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|