Can anyone help me buy a new processor.

telamon
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 3 months
Latvia

Can anyone help me buy a new processor.

Postby telamon » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:53 am

So now im trying to get a new processor cause my current one is bad..bottlenecks and all that crap yes its a pentium 4 whit hyperthreading....so im thinking to buy a new processor this time a dual core but the problem is my socket its LGA 775 its limited to quad core but I have enough money to buy a dual core but the problem is here again.There are so many nummbers of those processors like E420 E684 E136 (those arent real ones just example)so can anyone tell me wich is the best to buy cause I have heard many of them have their + and -.So please help me faster so i can play Driver San Francisco (OnLive won't cut it only 30 mins of gameplay there)
BANG... And the dirt is gone!

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Postby whoami » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:09 pm

The Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 seems good. Paired with a nice GPU, it would be nice for playing Driver: SF.
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

ikutoisahobo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Postby ikutoisahobo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:36 pm

Old thread, but I can help.

I build computers all the time.

To actually play a game properly you'll have to replace pretty much all the components in that computer, or even get a whole new computer.

I'd recommend you get another mobo, LGA 775 is really old now and pretty much obsolete (and I doubt your board will support even a quad core LGA775 processor). LGA 1155 is what Intel currently develops for, so that's a good option. You can grab one for around 50 bucks. Pair it with any Core i5, or an i3 2120.

Put in a graphics card like a AMD 7770, or GTX 660 Ti.

And since LGA 1155 boards don't support DDR or DDR2 RAM, you'll also have to get some DDR3 RAM.

And you've got a gaming computer that's capable of playing many of the latest games at decent frame rates.

Whole new computer capable of running almost all newer games at 30 FPS on High settings.

https://pcpartpicker.com/p/utdV
All around 500 bucks.

Oh and is your name by any chance from ROBLOX?
Ikutoisahobo, Computer Tech