Should I switch to my laptop?

Big question here.

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Should I switch to my laptop?

Postby CarLuver69 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:09 am

I want to know from you guys, in your own opinions, if I should switch the computer I use the most to my ASUS G73JH. It's got much better specs than my desktop, and pretty much has the same size monitor (1600 X 900 compared to 1680 X 1050).

It has an Intel Core i7, 6GB of RAM, Windows 7, and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850...is this worth switching over entirely?

I've always heard those stories about how switching to your laptop is a bad idea since it doesn't perform as well as a desktop can.

All feedback appreciated.

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby hastantyo » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:49 am

Depending from your "needs", how much use full laptop than PC by yourself. :wink:

I'm prefer to choose laptop, why? In my opinion, it takes more privacy than a PC. It can carry out anywhere I want, more simple, more efficient, and not take much power consumption. Because I go to college everyday, I must carry it to do every things that I need to, like working on college's tasks, online in campus, playing game with friends, and more. And I don't need a super high end specification for my laptop, with Core i-540M 2,5Ghz, 4GB of RAM (upgraded), 500GB HDD, ATI Radeon 5470 1GB, and wireless + bluetooth devices is very enough for my "needs". *Multimedia Choice*

Different things if you stay in home a lot than do activity outside from the house. You may need a good PC to work anything at home. You can use it only for you, and place it in your bedroom to make it more privacy. I think PC needs more better spec than a Laptop if you use it at home. :wink:

If you're a gamer, take the high end specs like you've mentioned about for you PC or your Laptop. :)

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Postby StanOfGB » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:02 am

It's either or for me, It plays a little nicer on the lappy, but the computer is more tolerant

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:55 pm

I agree with Stan. The laptop, it'll play better with better fps. But, it's your decision, do what you want with it. :)
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Personally I would stick with the laptop, especially if you can place it where you have your desktop PC, when you don't need to carry it out. Ok for the similar screen resolution, but maybe the sizes of the display could give a bad feeling with using certain programs that need space in height (photo editors, 3D modeling, etc.), the widescreen displays are worse for this. I see this problematic, but this compromise can be accepted if the performances difference between the older desktop PC and the laptop are a lot.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby CarLuver69 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Well, I think im going to need to switch anyways. My desktop is getting a boot error, so it's time to take my old files off of it and start fresh with my laptop. Not a bad investment if you ask me.
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]
[color=silver][i]Proud supporter of MM2X[/i][/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]How do I love thee MM2? Let me count the add-ons...
[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]