DRM Remover

Can't find a freeware one.

<t>Do you think the economy is going to get better, worse, or stay how it is?</t>

Better
33%
Worse
67%

Total votes: 3
cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

DRM Remover

Postby cody » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Can someone please tell me where to find a free, fully functional DRM (Digital Rights Management) Remover? I need it because Windows Media Player won't burn my WMA songs to CD if they're protected (I need a CD to play in my portable CD player). Conditions are:

Don't give me Pirated software. Give me legal Freeware.
Don't give me a trial because it either expires after a certain amount of time and/or has a limited number of uses.
Give me something that won't require the original song license (I lost the original license and I'm sure it expired by now)
Don't Lock this topic because I really want help finding freeware.
No banning.

If you would help me find this freeware, I would be happy.
My Member Number is prime. LOL!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:33 pm

Windows Media Player shouldn't be so good to burn audio discs, just use another program like the Nero suite, that probably can ignore the DRM protection. Also, try to import and then export the songs in .wav file format with Audacity and then burn these files, this will work for sure. Never got any experience with protected songs, anyway.

You don't decide if because of this topic you should be banned or the topic has to be locked, something not possible for me. Still weird your way to post...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Postby HummersRock » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:00 am

This topic is just...strange.

Like Franch said though, you can just use another program to burn CDs. And probably should. There are programs much better than WMP. You could try another media player, like Foobar2000 or Winamp. Or you could try a program made specifically for burning and ripping audio CDs, like EAC.

All of these are free.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby CarLuver69 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:27 am

What is it with you and no pirating? Are you afraid some FBI agent is going to come to your door and arrest you? Dude, MILLIONS of people pirate and basically NONE of them get caught, unless they're stupid enough to pirate music and PUBLICLY announce it!

/rant
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]
[color=silver][i]Proud supporter of MM2X[/i][/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]How do I love thee MM2? Let me count the add-ons...
[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:14 am

Pirating is against the rules here, but sometimes allowed for posting MM2 related stuff I guess. It can actually get you caught, low percentage, but don't encourage him to do it, don't go off topic.

I don't know, but that sounds like some patch.

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cody » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:39 pm

I found something called SoundTaxi Media Suite, but it's not free (59.99). Why aren't DRM Removers free? Why do they cost $60 instead of $20? Where can I get a free one? :?

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Zac4084 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:10 pm

Oh my god... It's because you have to pay for it. Clear answer- pay, or shut up. It's because it's a crack, just get a different program.

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cody » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:23 pm

OK. What is the cheapest place to get it?

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Zac4084 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:28 pm

I don't know what that is, but just Googling, I found so many.. Here, here, and here.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby HummersRock » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:40 pm

So wait. You don't want pirated software, you want freeware. Yet you are going after shareware? What did you think of the freeware programs I suggested? Why are you trying to find a shareware program cheap when you said you wanted freeware (and there are good freeware programs, such as the ones I suggested)? :?

Also, I don't remember WMP forcing this DRM thing. I remember there being an option to turn something like that on or off and such. I think reinstall could fix it if you really want to use it. Maybe try an older version.

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cody » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Well, here's what happened:

a friend gave me his CD (Britney Spears Remixes or something like that). I tried using WMP to copy the CD, but when I played the songs, they skipped (even though the CD wasn't scratched). :? So I tried again, this time I used the CD's setup.EXE program to install the music to my computer. About a year later (after I finished all the MM2 Races and crash courses), I opened up WMP to play the songs and it said "license expired. Could not play". That's how I figured out that the songs were protected. What freeware or shareware (less than $20) can remove the DRM? Please! I want to listen to my songs. :cry:

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby HummersRock » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Well have you tried foobar2000 or winamp or eac?

It seems odd that a music CD would have a setup exe to install the songs on your computer. :?

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cody » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:35 pm

It was an Enhanced CD, meaning it has extras, such as videos, pictures of the band members, or games (as the Aqua Aquarius CD has a video and a game). That's why there was a setup file.

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby CarLuver69 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:00 am

BRITNEY SPEARS? Wow...

Dude, just get the songs off of YouTube. Download the "Flash Video Downloader" add-on for Firefox, go to YouTube, find the song you really want, then download it using FVD. Then, go to media-convert.com and just convert it to an MP3. Simple!
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]
[color=silver][i]Proud supporter of MM2X[/i][/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]How do I love thee MM2? Let me count the add-ons...
[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Zac4084 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:59 am

Maybe a glitch or something, well you can listen to them on YouTube or something, or download a CD Player, Google it..