3ds Max help

I am NOT going to get it for free because that is pirating!!

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby hastantyo » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Good! You said that you need a lot to learn. Why you just want the trial one? Sadly if your curious about whole function/feature of 3D Max that you got only from Trial version. Like Rendering technique for example. The result that you got is not full filled to your experience. Different things if you get the Full version. You can imagine by yourself how it'll be? Satisfaction from the results that you got, will be different.

And remember, this program has minimum spec requirements. Depends on your PC Spec also if you want to run this program.

PS: Noticed also what Zac's said about (Zmodeler).

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:00 pm

GMax is free and have the main 3DS Max tools and options. Google it.

Only a 3D rendering engine and some pro tools aren't available.

PS : please can you change your avatar ? Thank you.

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Postby cody » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:26 pm

here is the reason I want the trial. I'm working on a very complex city that can only be made if I use 3ds Max and download free starter models. Please tell me where to get them. It doesn't matter what format they are, as long as 3ds Max can import them.
My Member Number is prime. LOL!

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:25 pm

If you want to use 3DS Max because the format of these free animals are *.max, you should try to find another format (like OBJ) that ZM2 can import.

However, here's the trial version of 3DS Max (only 30 days), I think it's enough for your project. But if you plan to start modeling from 3DS Max (for the roads, ground etc), maybe you should use ZM1 (the best one for MM2) or again, GMax (if you want to learn the specific tools of 3DS Max/GMax).

Fill out and submit the form to get an email with the download link and the serial key, to use the latest version of 3DS Max.

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cody » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Please give me a direct download link (Without a form). I don't want to put private data (name, location, e-mail address, phone number) in a form.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Postby HummersRock » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:19 pm

I'm sure plenty of companies and such already have all of your private data anyway (probably even google), so I wouldn't worry. :P

Seriously though I don't know of any direct links for the trial version. I could never find any. Maybe try filehippo or some similar site. But the company might make sure that no site has direct downloads for the trial so that you have to go to their official site.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:26 pm

You don't need to inform every field with a real value, you can now become Mister X and dream of an imaginary street in a fantastic city, where you'll live to get the precious 30-days version of 3DS Max.

Just use an existent email (yours).

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby CarLuver69 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:35 am

cody, you're very, VERY strict about people helping you. If you want something done YOUR way, how about YOU do it. Stop asking people to do stuff for YOU.

"Must be this, CANNOT BE THIS, IF IT IS NOT THIS I WILL NOT USE IT. Also, must tell me where to find it where I don't have to do anything."

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cody » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:24 pm

That's alright. I found Gmax. It might work better. Another program would be Blender. It's free.