3d card

3d card

Osamamadness
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

3d card

Postby Osamamadness » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:05 pm

i want to install a 3d video card , i see on motherboard., below AGP slot it was writen '1.5v only' what does it mean please help me which card will be compatible for it?? :(

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:15 pm

The AGP bus slot for the graphic card is now old an no more used, replaced by the PCI Express bus. You need to buy an AGP type video card, probably finding it used.
Any AGP video car can be installed in any AGP slot, preferibly if it supports the 8X of transfer speed. Maybe there's some video card that requires an additional alimentation, needing more power than the AGP slot offers. Your PSU needs to be at least of 400W, enough for most of the AGP type graphic cards (the recent and powerful ones in PCI Express type requires more power).
So, go ahead, probably there won't be problems. In your system there's an integrated graphic card, that now you're using? You need to disable it from the BIOS options, then shut down the PC, unplug it and install the graphic card; after, plugin all the cables, switch it on and at the end of the OS loading install the drivers that comes with it.
With a search on the Internet you can find detailed guides.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Osamamadness
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Osamamadness » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:38 pm

ok thank you very much.i have pci slots onboard, can you tell what are the common good cards from nvidia geforce .

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Postby HummersRock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:44 pm

It all depends on what games you want to play.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:02 pm

The PCI slots there are in most of the sold motherboards, but in some recent ones they there can't be, because the PCI bus has started to be less used, replaced by the PCI Express 1X one. However, the PCI slots aren't the same thing like the PCI Express 16X slots. If the slot for the graphic card in your motherboard is the AGP one, means that it's pretty old, and there can't be also the PCI Express one.
I don't remember well the last AGP type graphic cards, but there are some ATI Radeon HD 3000 series graphic cards available in AGP version. The last Nvidia AGP type graphic cards are older than that. You can search also about this thing, check websites about PC hardware is always better.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|