Installing problem

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Avira AntiVir Problem

Postby matt1314 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi everyone.

I was going to update once my Avira AntiVir Personal 8 on the old computer (Which is used by my father now. We have there two HDD's, one mine (old) and one from my father, maybe you remember) on the second HDD (my HDD). I uninstalled version 8, downloaded before version 9 and was ready to install the new version. After the unistall process I ran also the RegCleaner from Avira which cleaned all keys in the registry which were left after the uninstalling. When I ran the setup for the version 9 though, it said, after unpacking all the stuff, that the setup can't find the program's directory, so it didn't install the new version and my HDD is now without any virus protection. :( I don't know what to do and how to point my directory to the setup. Can somebody help me maybe?

Thanks.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:34 pm

Usually isn't needed the uninstalling of the previous version of a program to install the new one, just some programs require and ask to do this. Maybe the register cleaning hadn't to be done.
If the installation process can't find the program's directory it should be just the antivirus update, and not the full program (I don't know very well this antivirus). :roll:
Check if is available the full free version of Avira Antivir 9, so download and install it. Or, try to install back the version 8 and then without uninstall it and use the registry cleaner install the version 9.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:26 pm

The setup told me that it's needed to uninstall the previous version. And the HKEY's had to be removed, because they're from version 8. I'll try again downloading the version 9 and will try to do a clean install.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:02 pm

Ok, so you're obligated to do that operation. Maybe the version 9 can't be installed because of OS issues, maybe it's Windows XP and can be too old for the newer version. If nothing can be solved you could search around, maybe in the Avira forum, if there's one, or return back with the version 8.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:09 pm

Problem solved. :) Thanks anyway.