Computer Troubles

New Laptop.

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Good fixing. Sometimes it's a bad idea for filters on old programs. Dunno why people try to put so much pressure on them. Maybe a texture issue I guess. Good that it's now solved. :)

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:13 pm

Ok, I have managed to get rid of a majority of the lag with cloud shadows, but the bad graphics are still there. Here is a picture of night, look at the roads and shadow.
Anyone have any ideas?

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Postby HummersRock » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:50 am

That's not how it's supposed to look? :oops: :lol:

Even if it's off, it doesn't look that off to me. :P

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:14 pm

Really? :o Thanks for letting me know, hummers. I guess ATI is better for MM2 after all...

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Looks odd to me, almost like ..2 bit, this effect turns up for me, I think because of the textures, normal for old games.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby HummersRock » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Really? :o Thanks for letting me know, hummers. I guess ATI is better for MM2 after all...
It wasn't for me. :P

Night textures usually look really bad in old games. I always hated how some old games had purple in the night textures. Like what the heck? Purple?

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:25 am

Well, I thought I fixed the lag, but what I really did was make it worse. I can run default cities and default cars at playable fps (25-40), but when I use any dl car or track, it plummets down to 10-20 fps. I have a feeling it's my gfx settings. If anyone has a Geforce card, would you mind posting your control panel settings? Maybe mine are not set very well.
BTW, when I have AA and AF on, it makes barily any change in performance...

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby HummersRock » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:29 am

^Yeah, I've experienced that with nVidias in the past. Although they may not have been able to run certain games at good FPS, 4X AA and 16X AF didn't effect performance. :)

If you've played around with your control panel settings as much as possible then I doubt there is anything you can do. :(

reckless201
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Postby reckless201 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Upon seeing this thread my brother told me that MM2 doesn't recognize these new drivers and video cards. If you mostly play old-generation games then you'd better get an old (admittedly worse) video card. "Simple computer science". :P
Very Unimportant Member.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sun May 22, 2011 5:40 am

Bumping the dust off this topic...

May aswell let you guys know, I've fixed all of my issues, and can now play the game with max settings, full AA and AF, big resolution, all at 60+ fps at all times. :D The solution? Using my windows xp dual boot. I've tried everything to get it to work right on 7, but could never get my average fps above 30, with medium settings. So on a hunch today, I decided to boot up xp to try it there, and the thing ran like a bat outta hell. Cranked up the AA and AF, still a solid 60. So the moral of this post; stay as far away from windows 7 as possible if you want to play MM2 (or MM1, for that matter), because it will only cause more frustration than enjoyment.

So yeah, time to finally play some proper MM2, for the first time in over a year. :)

Sido
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Sido » Sun May 22, 2011 8:18 am

Yeah My Friend also had MM2 On 7 and the game lagged.

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby CarLuver69 » Sun May 22, 2011 8:44 am

Remember my Panoz Pressure video? Yeah, well I was getting about 30 - 40 FPS with FRAPS recording and completely maxed out settings, even in the CCC.

Problem, DB?
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]
[color=silver][i]Proud supporter of MM2X[/i][/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]How do I love thee MM2? Let me count the add-ons...
[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sun May 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Remember my Panoz Pressure video? Yeah, well I was getting about 30 - 40 FPS with FRAPS recording and completely maxed out settings, even in the CCC.

Problem, DB?
You can also run GTA IV with the patch 6/7 shadows on, with a good fps. I can't. So, you have a better computer than me. But yet I can run a decade old game better than you. Oh, and Fraps never takes more than 5, or 10 max when recording, even in newer games.

Problem, Mark? :wink:

nitro101
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years

Postby nitro101 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:21 pm

:? It could be that your laptop is not that good for gaming? my parents said that laptops are not good for gaming because they don't have much memory&space for gaming. ps. try using a stationary computer because there good for gaming and don't download to much junk on stationary computers that could slow them down!
:D p.p.s I mean this for your laptop problem.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sun May 22, 2011 5:34 pm

:? It could be that your laptop is not that good for gaming? my parents said that laptops are not good for gaming because they don't have much memory&space for gaming. ps. try using a stationary computer because there good for gaming and don't download to much junk on stationary computers that could slow them down!
:D p.p.s I mean this for your laptop problem.
Do you even know what you're talking about? My laptop is very good for gaming. It isn't cutting edge, but it also isn't anything to scoff at. I think an Nvidia GeForce GTS 250M, an Intel I7 clocked at 2.8 Ghz, and 8GB of ram should be able to run a game like MM2 with no issues at all. And it can, if it has an OS that MM2 is happy with.