Is there any way?

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Chinese Language Support

Postby matt1314 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi everyone.

Since I'm again into buses, I really would like to make some more bus routes with AR Madness 2. But the problem is that on my new PC with Windows Vista there's no Chinese language support, because I have an OEM version of Home Premium. It was pre-installed, when I bought my computer. And I don't have any clue, where I could get the files for the support of the Chinese language, because now all the Chinese letters are unreadable.

Thanks. :)

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:20 pm

Regional and Lang. Options - Keyboards and languages - Change keyboards - Add (Forgot which one works - Change the languages, done.

80% it might work, I tried for days. :P

On some programs they support Chinese languages, so i might change the language in that program; and it'll be unreadable.

As you said in your tutorial, you have to tweak MM2 settings...as well.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:44 pm

That doesn't work unfortunately. I found a Windows Vista MUI Multilingual User Interface 64-Bit Language Pack here. But when I downloaded it and ran it, it said that the limit of the installed languages has been reached on this computer. How can I delete some languages to install my Chinese language pack?

Edit: I used Vistalizator to install my language pack, but all I got is my Vista Home Premium in Chinese! So the display language isn't German, it's Chinese! I changed back to German. But even with the Chinese translated version the Chinese characters are still not readable. Damn it! :x Isn't there such an option like on Windows XP for just installing the Chinese language support?