I LOST MY VIDEO CARD !

nvidia geforce 8600gt vanished

jipi01
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

I LOST MY VIDEO CARD !

Postby jipi01 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:32 am

ok, before it happened, i had just put a new car in my mm2 instal dir, a dodge charger srt8. when i tryed to launch the game, theres been 2 error messages one talking about heap overrun and the other im not sure but said something like not enough memory. everything was fine yet, but then i decided to reboot my PC. i think thats where my video card f*cked up. my screen wasnt workin no more so i put it in normal plug. i checked the PC material list and no more nvidia geforce 8600 gt. + a monitor that doesnt work properly. ive also lost 0,01gb RAM, cuz before i had 2 and now it was 1,99. any1 have a solution? is my video card broken???

i found out that the dodge charger srt8 was the cause of the error messages, ive deleted it and i can launch mm2 but i wanna play 1680x1050, nnot 800x600, man i cant believe such a stupid file can blow up a 150$ video card

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:00 am

Those error messages of the game are about the problem of too much add-on files added in your game folder, you had just to delete some of them, or sometimes you have to delete the profile folder. Most of the times is this to do, no real need to reboot the system.
Seems that now you're using the integraterd graphic card of your PC. If your graphic card is really now broken, the cause of that should have been given by a short cut or something similar happened when you've rebooted the PC. :roll:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Postby wilder » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Maybe it's not over . Check if the drivers are installed . If not install them .

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Postby Riva » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:33 pm

SRT-8 is evil :twisted:

Well I'm pretty sure MM2 isn't really the reason about your problems, it's a pretty old game and if everybody hate it for a lot of reason, MM2 don't change the system spec or Windows info. Looks like a coincidence with the proper MM2 dialog box errors (famous heap overrun and something about memory).

Maybe you should scan your hard disk from the Safe mode (don't know your version btw). Firstly with a full scan disk to fix bad sectors then with a lot of useful free softwares (such as good antivirus, antispy, clean register etc). Then, reboot your PC in normal mode and check the latest update for your OS and your graphic drivers as Wilder said), the 191.07 WHQL for your graphic card is now available (from nvidia.com).

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Yeah, it could be also a graphic driver problem, and they have to be reinstalled. If the graphic card burns out I guess that there are problems to use the system properly, and after have switched it on should be heard a long bip sound that indicates a problem with the graphic card or with the RAM memory (like happened to another member some time ago). Then, to use the integrated graphic card, I guess that it must be enabled from the system BIOS settings before, both if the graphic card is still installed or it has been removed from its PCI-E/AGP bus.
I've thought about the conseguences of a such problem, and a bad one like this can't let you use well your PC. Instead, a problem related to the graphic drivers can let you use the PC, but there are too much limits with playing games, it's like the graphic card drivers aren't installed and the graphic card isn't correctly recognized by the OS.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

agustin26
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

oh

Postby agustin26 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:44 pm

oh i remember i invited to my game in voobly he say i reboot the computer he say before SRT - 8 f**ked up my car :(