I've got a problem

thekingoftown
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

I've got a problem

Postby thekingoftown » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:53 pm

Got a quick Q, my computer wont install XP. When ever i try it formats, then it wont copy files. it says something like "faild to copy blabla.exe, try again, skip, or stop". I've tried 3 different XP disks, 2 different disk drives (both are older) And i have a new HD. I'm stumped, any help of tips would be appreciated.
PS, i also have a newer Mother Bord, an older Pentium 4 possessor.
Gaa, images don't work here!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:44 pm

I know that this kind of problem can be solved doing a copy of the Windows install CD and then using it for the installation. make sure that all the discs are in good conditions without bad scratches. This problem could also be given by the CD/DVD player you're using.
I don't think that you're doing a wrong procedure, the important things are to delete the HDD partition, then create a new one (or ones if you want to split its space), then format the one where the OS will be installed and continue with the copying files procedure; after some restarts you'll get the final installation steps and then it'll be finished.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

thekingoftown
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby thekingoftown » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:11 am

Thanks Franch.

thekingoftown
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby thekingoftown » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:38 am

New problem; I put a different hard drive in my computer (one that has XP on it) But it wont start up is says
"NTLDR is missing" Then it wont go any farther
It also says Boot from CD be for it.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:55 am

This problems happens when the HDD drive is badly setted from the BIOS, when has been added another HDD with active primary without OS or if the NTLDR (NT loader) OS omponent is missing or damaged. More rarely this happens if the HDD is fisically damaged (electronic or mechanical damages or damaged clusters).
Insert your OS disc making the boot run from it, in the OS installation first screen run the restore console pressing R. After, select the HDD drive with Windows XP (it should be the C: one) and digit the command "fixboot" and confirm and then "fixmbr", confirm this other operation. After reboot the system by pressing CRTL+ALT+CANC, and let run the OS, without doing the disc boot of course.
Tell me if the problem is solved do this. Here a more detailed guide.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

thekingoftown
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby thekingoftown » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:30 am

Thanks a lot man! 8)
It will have to what though, by bro has my XP CD.

BradleyW
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby BradleyW » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:38 pm

Hmm I had a similar problem the other day, and it seems to be recurring even with many different XP CDs. It kept asking me for blahblah file ...and said to insert the CD (which was inserted), but it couldn't find the file :S ... However it installed successfully otherwise. :lol:
[url=https://www.autogaming.net][img]https://www.autogaming.net/content/468x60.jpg[/img][/url]