Critical problem...

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Program Problem

Postby matt1314 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi everyone.

Since some time my Windows Media Player 11, Winamp 5.541 and Microsoft Paint won't open. I click on the shortcut on my Desktop, but nothing happenes. Also when I click on the *.exe file, it doesn't start the program at all. But when I click on it with the right mouse button and choose "Run As..." and choose my actual user account, it starts very well. And when I click on my Desktop on "Start" and then "Run..." and enter the program path, it starts also very well.
So what's the problem, and how can I solve it, so that I can start the application by clicking simply on the shortcut, as before I did? Because now I can't listen to any music or watch any video. :cry: So when I click on a video or a music file, there happenes nothing, too. :(

Thanks.

vw-tuner-oburg
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Postby vw-tuner-oburg » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:46 pm

I wrote you a PM

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Postby HummersRock » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Open My Documents, go to the top bar, click on Tools>Folder Options. Then when Folder Options appears, click on the File Types tab, then click on "New"; now type exe in the box, then go to it in the list, highlight it and click the "Restore" button so that the correct action/association is restored to it.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:45 pm

OK, thanks, will try it out. Also a big thanks to Christian (vw-tuner-oburg)!

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:56 pm

HELP ME!!! :cry: I tried to do, what HummersRock said, but now I did something wrong and now NO *.exe file starts or opens! How can I solve the problem? HELP ME PLEASE! Now I'm on the other HDD, because we have two. One is mine, the other one is from my parents. Now I'm on my parents HDD. So can you help me, so that every *.exe file will open again on my HDD? It's a high critical system problem, please help me as soon as possible!!! :cry:

Edit: OK, figured out. The .exe registry key was missing in my Registry, so I exported the one from my parents HDD, rebooted, and added the registry information again to my registry. Now every *.exe file works again. :)
Open My Documents, go to the top bar, click on Tools>Folder Options. Then when Folder Options appears, click on the File Types tab, then click on "New"; now type exe in the box, then go to it in the list, highlight it and click the "Restore" button so that the correct action/association is restored to it.
Well, HummersRock, but where is the "Restore" button? There are only buttons "OK" and "Cancel". If you want, I can post a screen shot, but my Windows XP Pro is in German, so if you could understand, what the options are meaning, that would be nice. :roll:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:49 pm

Matt, you could also try to use the system restore command of Windows XP, but it couldn't go well.
Is also important to make a backup copy of the system registry exporting it throught the Registry Editor (Regedit).
The .exe files aren't file associated to a program or executable because they're their self executables. Isn't possible to do what you've written.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:57 pm

So, I solved the problem of my PC. But the WMP 11, Winamp and Paint won't open at all. :lol:

Hyrumb
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

ok

Postby Hyrumb » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:30 pm

reinstall them or go to the drive there on and go to were they
were installed and take the exe and put it in the place in the
start up menu becase the exe in the start up menu and the
destops are bolth short cuts and are corrut
try this it should work ok! :wink:
Expert MM2 Modder
Best Mod's on earth at https://modcity.mmarchive.com/
[url=https://modcity.mmarchive.com/][img]https://modcity.mmarchive.com/images/k.gif[/img][/url]

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:31 pm

Can you please write in normal English sentences? I don't really got, what you mean. :roll: Why start up? I want to let play a song, when I click on it.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:08 pm

OK, problem solved. I'll have to reinstall my current Windows. The computer experts told me, that it is very likely, that I have got a Backdoor Trojan. :(

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:07 pm

OK, problem solved. I'll have to reinstall my current Windows. The computer experts told me, that it is very likely, that I have got a Backdoor Trojan. :(
That's very bad. Only a virus could do something similar.
I had a similar problem in past; sure because of a trojan virus some Windows functions and programs didn't worked anymore, like indeed Windows Media Player.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:19 am

Yeah, it's very bad. So I'll reinstall my Windows XP asap. More news coming soon. I'll tell you, when everything will be OK. :)