Help! Help! Help!

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

PC problem

Postby matt1314 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:42 am

Hi everyone.

I know that I've mentioned that question a lot of times, but I can't understand what the hell, why my PC is always restarting in each game I play. I'm starting to play Racer, after a while playing my PC restarts suddenly without any warnings, and the same thing with MM2 and Ford Street Racing and so on.

What happened? I hadn't this problem for years and a short time ago my PC started to reboot itself after a while playing (c. 15 min). :cry:

Thanks.

P.S.: Maybe it's a problem in each game. Here is the configuration of Ford Street Racing: What do these things meaning? Can you explain what thing is for what responsible? What is Environment Mapping, Heathaze, Dynamic Shadows, Depth of Field, Model detail and Visual Range? I'm using the graphic card RADEON 9600 SERIES and the sound driver YAMAHA AC-XG WDM Audio. I've 2,53 GHz (Pentium 4) and 1 GB RAM. I'm using Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3.

What is Hardware Acceleration? Should I use it or not? Maybe you know what things I have to turn off to let the game work without any restarts of my PC. :roll: It's hard to play, when your PC is always rebooting.

:arrow: HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM :?:

Thanks again.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:24 pm

The first thing that I council to do is to format and reinstall the OS and all the programs.
Before do this, you can try to make other things, like uninstall and then install your graphic drivers and upgrade the latest version of the DirectX 9 graphic libraries (found them in Microsoft website). You can do also an hardware check: happened to me that because of the graphic card fan, while playing a game, after the PC freezes displaying blue screens, or the monitor shuts down, or the PC suddenly restarts.
Check also the state of all the fans, and be sure that some cables let circulate the air inside the case.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

vw-tuner-oburg
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Postby vw-tuner-oburg » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:28 pm

try to use TuneUp or somethimg like this ;)

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:55 pm

What is a fan? And can you give a direct link to the graphic libraries from Microsoft? And how to do a hardware check? :roll:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:10 pm

For hardware check I meant to shut down your PC, open the case panel and see if it's all ok, especially with the cooler fans. Try to switch on the PC with the opened case seeing if especially the graphic card cooler fan works properly.
The cooler fan is that component that dissipates the heat created by some PC components, like the CPU and the graphic card GPU.
Anyway hardware check aren't the first things to do. This problem sounds more like an OS problem, so format your HDD and install the OS.

I don't know the direct link to get the DirectX from the Microsoft website. Check this other one.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:12 pm

Thanks to you all, I try it and I hope, it'll work properly. :D
I don't know the direct link to get the DirectX from the Microsoft website. Check this other one.
The DirectX .exe file is linked to Microsoft, so this is the direct link. :D :lol:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:39 pm

I would like to know what you've done... I've told to you so many things.
The DirectX .exe file is linked to Microsoft, so this is the direct link. :D :lol:
Ah, ok. Was my link not linked to Microsoft website.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:21 pm

I haven't done anything yet, I'll begin on Wednesday. Soon the results...

Anthony
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Postby Anthony » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:48 pm

in no particular order...
(thought i would do them in order of ease)

try also a system restore to a point where it was working fine

also do a full virus check

try re-installing drivers

do a windows update

go into add/remove and check there is nothing weird in there

re-install the games

if you have integrated graphics on your motherboard, take out the ATi card and try running games like that to see if the graphics card is broken

get onto technical support for your computer if they have one. But don't be surprised if they start treating you like an idiot.
[code:1]<php>[/code:1]
[url=https://madnessred.co.cc/][img]https://madnessred.co.cc/MadnessRedAnthony.png[/img]
[/url]

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:25 pm

Hey, Franch was right, it was an OS problem! Thank you a lot for your help all together! The PC doesn't restart now all the games! Because I have Acronis TrueImage Home, I made and image of my whole hard disk, when I installed the OS first time and the all important programs. So this was the copy of my hard disk, and now I needed it, I made an image of the hard disk, that I had now (the most used version) and loaded the old one, that wasn't used a lot. I installed on this hard disk version the games and it works fine now!

I think you've understood me and what I've made.

BIG thanks again! :dance:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:36 pm

Nice. :) Was my first concil to format and reinstall the OS. Good to know that you've done an image of the hard disk after installed the OS and the most important drivers and programs, so you've gained much time doing this. :)
I'm glad to have helped you. :wink:

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:39 pm

Yep. To make the complete image of my HD, Acronis needed nearly 1 hour. 8O

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:42 pm

Yep. To make the complete image of my HD, Acronis needed nearly 1 hour. 8O
Yeah, this operation takes time. Acronis TrueImage IMHO is the best program to do this.
I guess you've saved it in a DVD.