Ferrari Testarossa

The one from the 80's

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years

Ferrari Testarossa

Postby COOLGUY200 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:31 pm

I love the Testarossa. Not like that weird guy with the Beetle kind of love, but I just like it. It's so wedge shaped, if it was invincible, it would be flipping cars and trucks like this car..."the slicer"

heheheh...skip to half way into the clip to watch it.

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby carmaniac » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:07 pm

I find that the French Venturi 400 GT is a forgotten 90's sports car:

Back on topic, the Ferrari Testarossa is a great car, but why did they call it the italian translation for ''red head''? I guess they were trying to aim it more at the American market :P

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:57 pm

The Ferrari Testarossa has been a really great car for its time, and like for most Ferrari cars, it's one of the brand's best. I had a scale model of it.
Back on topic, the Ferrari Testarossa is a great car, but why did they call it the italian translation for ''red head''? I guess they were trying to aim it more at the American market :P
Why this name? It's simply because Ferrari is Italian (really, it refers for the color of the cam covers, called "coperture della testata del motore" in Italian). :P Then, the Italian language is cool. 8) American market is able to sell every named Italian supercar, is enough that's homologated for their safety specifications. :P
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

elliot
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 10 years 1 month

Re: Ferrari Testarossa

Postby elliot » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:14 am

Love the little yellow AMC Pacer that sits on the side of the road :)

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years

Postby COOLGUY200 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:36 pm

Well, I am sure they named it after this car, which I do recall being Italian for "red head"...

This is the 1959 Ferrari Testarossa TR59.

What i'm trying to get across is that the Testarossa was very wedged shaped like the Slicer, and that I just love the car.

Especially the 512TR version.(thank you Sajmon, for making one!!!)

Who wouldn't want to trash up a whole city with this car, flipping dozens of cars and trucks? Obviously not those Camaros or Fox Mustangs but like a bunch of Priuses would do well.

And i'm sure that would be more deadly than even a Chrysler Imperial in a Demolition Derby. Or would it be crushed by the mass of that behemoth of a full-size Mopar?

But from watching the video, you see all of those Chevettes, Fox Mustangs, Pacers, even Datsuns, Toyotas, Buicks, Cordobas, Cadillacs, a few Lancias, MANY MANY Fairmonts, K-Cars, A very nice looking Mercedes Benz, a few Omnis, maybe an Omni O24, Jaguars, MANY Impalas, Diplomats and other cars were crushed, blown up, or just flipped and had their front ends just torn off.

So sad...BUT SO FREAKING INTERESTING TO WATCH!!!