Is the car hobby disappearing?

I hope not!

Pyter512
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Postby Pyter512 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:30 pm

Well...today people only care about what the media pulls you into,like pop music,electro music,overhyped games,it's like everyone is always doing what all of their friends are doing,and some things,like cars,LEGO,games,etc. is considered geek/nerd things,just because they are DIFERENT...

And all of a sudden,it changes,and everybody starts to like Nerd/Geek things...people have lost their personality with time....

But we are here,playing with what we love: CARS.

I dont care if we stay as the only ones who likes this hobby,we are a community and we never stop loving CARS :D

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:20 pm

[...] we never stop loving CARS :D
But not like this guy we already talked here:

ahahahha :D
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Ahaha oh, I dont think we need to sse that again. :P
Well...today people only care about what the media pulls you into,like pop music,electro music,overhyped games,it's like everyone is always doing what all of their friends are doing,and some things,like cars,LEGO,games,etc. is considered geek/nerd things,just because they are DIFERENT...

And all of a sudden,it changes,and everybody starts to like Nerd/Geek things...people have lost their personality with time....

But we are here,playing with what we love: CARS.

I dont care if we stay as the only ones who likes this hobby,we are a community and we never stop loving CARS :D

Good point there, Pyter!
Hmmm... Maybe somebody will make a car which will be powered by air? So no need for refuels!
(but it has to be sporty and fast, not those ugly compact cars :wak:)
Guess what?! Peugeot is creating a 208 powered by (a bit of petrol :P) air! And IMO I've never found the Peugeot 208 that ugly. :wink:
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby e-cobra » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:06 am

I would say, use cycles or cycle rickshaws.
No lol! :lol: We're in the 21st century, what's the need to go back to those creepy cycles? There will surely some solution and substitute for gasoline vehicles, several companies are working on it too.

Well to drive a car by air, you need energy to compress it, and its similar to compressing a spring and using this potential energy to drive a car, that won't be something fast and nice to drive.

An effective idea would be to use solar cells to do electrolysis of water and split it into hydrogen and oxygen, release the oxygen in atmosphere and use hydrogen for powering fuel cells in cars.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Uh.. A car which uses Ethanol also pollutes the air because it emits carbondioxide. And the other gas it emits is steam which can't do pollution but wak it also emits carbondioxide! :wak: So, the best car is the car which runs by electricity.
LOL. For some reason, I can't stop laughing on this. Electricity too is responsible for global warming. I would say, use cycles or cycle rickshaws.
lol no! Do you like the 19th century. You can't go from Asia to Europe by a cycle. Long distance can't be coved by those cycles!

And there's another thing --> Magnetic Levitation to run vehicles.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:31 pm

And there's another thing --> Magnetic Levitation to run vehicles.
If all cars in the entire world would use magnetic levitation it wouldn't work really nice, because to make it work you would need a lot of electromagnets, and electromagnets work with electricity, so probably it would be easier and cheaper if the cars move iwth a regular electric engine that with electromagnets.

Also, to make it works, the eletromagnet should be on the roads, so your car would not have any kind of engine or fuel, just another magnet. Then, who would pay the electricity to make the electromagnets on the roads work? The state. Do you think state would like to spend thousands of dollares every day in electricity? Also, the instalation of it would be really expensive, and each route, even the way from the road to your garage should have a electromagnet, I guess there is not enough metal or money on Earth to make that.

So, sorry but I guess magnetic levitation cars will not exist in the future.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:20 pm

There are many car fans around, but the problem is now people are like "a lowered Nissan that doesn't accelerate is awesome!!" I liked the times when everyone wanted a Viper GTS or a Diablo

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Diatosta » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:29 pm

Thank God that our community is strong and with lots of people that also like cars! Right guys?
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years

Postby COOLGUY200 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Well, one of the smells I like is the smell of a Chrysler Race Hemi running on 96 Octane fuel.

A Freightliner School Bus? *cough* NO WA-*cough*-WAY. And something about normal gasoline makes me happy.

If car enthusiasts in Great Britain went from being called "Petrolheads" to "Airheads", there might be a riot. The problem with electric cars is that they don't make any engine noise.
And guess what they use to make cars like the Prius and the Volt and the Tesla? Coal. Coal can be made into oil or gasoline.

Plus, back in the late sixties in the U.S.A., there were scientists saying the Great Lakes in Michigan was going to be frozen. Now, 40 years later, scientists are saying global warming will make the Great Lakes overflow. And believe me, that will not happen. Never.

And KingAndy, here are affordable cars are fun and fast.

the Ford Fairmont, known for sharing the FOX platform with the Mustang (1978-1993 model year Mustangs)

Any AMC such as Gremlins, Pacers, Javelins will attract people

Muscle cars that were trumped by SS 396's and R/T Hemi's and 428 Cobra Jets such as...

the Dodge Magnum, Chrysler Cordoba, 1975 Plymouth Fury Road Runner, and other Chrysler B-Bodies.

Mid-1970's Chevrolet Novas, Oldsmobile Omegas, Pontiac Venturas, Pontiac GTO (1975 was the only year they based it on the Ventura/Nova/Omega's platform, I believe)

Any 1990's muscle car, usually a '99 Mustang Cobra is like $4,995
in the US.

Retired Police Cars. just saw a white, 2011-ish Dodge Charger, with spotlights and no municipal licence plates, huge sign it's not official. don't forget Ford Crown Victorias, Chevrolet Caprices, (similar to the Impala from the same years) and look for the new Caprice PPV's and Ford Interceptor's in the used car lots soon! Chrysler decided to stick in the Hemi instead of the 3.5 liter V6, thank God.

Mini Pickups, Datsuns, Volkswagen GTI's Volkswagen Super Beetles, and more vehicles.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:35 am

Also, to make it works, the eletromagnet should be on the roads, so your car would not have any kind of engine or fuel, just another magnet. Then, who would pay the electricity to make the electromagnets on the roads work? The state. Do you think state would like to spend thousands of dollares every day in electricity? Also, the instalation of it would be really expensive, and each route, even the way from the road to your garage should have a electromagnet, I guess there is not enough metal or money on Earth to make that.
It can be a road tax.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014