I hope not!

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years

Is the car hobby disappearing?

Postby COOLGUY200 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:02 pm

Dear fellow colleagues,
I would like to ask you an important question.

Is the car hobby vanishing?

You see, since I'm 12, I go to middle school, and I love cars, but for its looks, drivetrain, engine, and some other reasons. I never hear any kid my age say something like, "I love the sound of a..." Or "When I grow up, i want a..." Only I would say that. I might be the only kid who cried a bit after hearing that Paul Walker died. That makes me want to barf that no one cared about that.

And I don't hear someone say that they want to stare at the Lamborghini Adventador poster on their ceiling.

"Hey, does anyone like the Gran Turismo series?"

"What the heck is that?"

Is the love of cars gone?

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Diatosta » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:36 pm

Well, my friends at schoold o like cars, like me :D So, I don't thibk that ALL the humanity is lost :P
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby carmaniac » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:34 pm

''Hey guys! Like Gran Turismo?''
''dahell is dat????''

''Hey guys! Like Call of Duty?''
*a whole bunch of annoying squeakers going crazy*

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm a bit of a car maniac myself, the only one in my class who really cares about cars, and maybe two or three kids in the school who do. And I always get a bit put down because "the only video games I like are racing games" :roll:. At least I have a friend who bought DiRT 3 for the PS3 to play with me. :)
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby e-cobra » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:33 pm

I like cars specially SUVs like Hummer, Land Rover, etc.. Most of the people in my surrounding like motorcycles which I hate a lot. :evil: (Some of you may like them too) They're just way too creepy and IMO cars are much more worth than some motorcycles. I hate 2 wheeled vehicles and when I hear someone saying it was a nice bike or something like that, I'd just :frown2:
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:31 pm

Hope not.

Mainly now with the environment stuff lots of people don't like pollution or cars or all of that s..t. Okay, the pollution is bad, not saying that, but lots of people hate cars but there are no other alternatives. Bicycles or electric bikes? Japanese electric cars that are ugly as crap (my opinion)? I guess until now the only COOL electric car I would love to have and be ecologic would be Tesla Roadster. But with less money I can buy a badass muscle.

My point is: mainly in XXth century cars where seen as something cool, people grown up dreaming with a great car, but now the media makes society don't like cars. Of course lots of people continue liking cars, but maybe not so many like before.

Also, another important factor: the crisis. Car hobbie is expensive, not everybody has money to collect, restore or maintain cars.

Anyway, I'm still a huge car fan, and my dream? Own a 74 Ford Gran Torino, a DeLorean or a 60s or 70's Mustang.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:00 am

I also love cars but only SUVs. But there are crap motorcycles too in my surroundings which I hate a lot! :evil: More than cars I like ships. And more than ships there's airplane.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Kunal2045 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:11 am

Not really... I have a friend that is a huge CoD player and plays NFS also. Which reminds me of me.
[align=center][color=black]Sig[/color]
[img]https://www.imgweave.com/view/4838.png[/img][/align]

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby carmaniac » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:46 am

But what's the point of eco cars? The world is polluted, there's nothing we can really do to stop it :/

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:13 am

Uh.. A car which uses Ethanol also pollutes the air because it emits carbondioxide. And the other gas it emits is steam which can't do pollution but wak it also emits carbondioxide! :wak: So, the best car is the car which runs by electricity.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby e-cobra » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:44 pm

But what's the point of eco cars? The world is polluted, there's nothing we can really do to stop it :/
Maybe we can't just by using 'eco cars' but what will you do when the oil reserves run out? Isn't going to happen tomorrow or any day in the near future, but surely in the upcoming years.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby carmaniac » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Maybe we can't just by using 'eco cars' but what will you do when the oil reserves run out? Isn't going to happen tomorrow or any day in the near future, but surely in the upcoming years.

Hmmm... Maybe somebody will make a car which will be powered by air? So no need for refuels!
(but it has to be sporty and fast, not those ugly compact cars :wak:)

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Uh.. A car which uses Ethanol also pollutes the air because it emits carbondioxide. And the other gas it emits is steam which can't do pollution but wak it also emits carbondioxide! :wak: So, the best car is the car which runs by electricity.
LOL. For some reason, I can't stop laughing on this. Electricity too is responsible for global warming. I would say, use cycles or cycle rickshaws.
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

Pujan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby Pujan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:09 pm

LOL. For some reason, I can't stop laughing on this. Electricity too is responsible for global warming. I would say, use cycles or cycle rickshaws.
I salute to this post Image
[img]https://s7.postimg.org/urrgzqb17/coollogo_com_103958483.png[/img]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best newcomer screenshot-er of the year [/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best active member MM1 screenshot-er[/color]

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby carmaniac » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:09 pm

I would say, use cycles or cycle rickshaws.
Ewww, booorriingggg... :(