Prevent rust on car panels

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Prevent rust on car panels

Postby zoot » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Hey guys. I've got some rust forming on the rear quarter panel of my car. It is only appearing on one so far, so that's okay. I would like to know if you guys have any ideas on preventing it on the other side of the car?

Current rust on one side:

No rust on other side, trying to prevent:

Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:09 am

Not a nice thing to see on the own car, but good have noticed it on an initial state. It happens because of a not perfect painting quality. It looks a bit scratched too, maybe it's because of that...
There should exist apposite products to fix this kind of problem, no?
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby zoot » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:30 am

Not a nice thing to see on the own car, but good have noticed it on an initial state. It happens because of a not perfect painting quality. It looks a bit scratched too, maybe it's because of that...
There should exist apposite products to fix this kind of problem, no?
I actually went out and applied some Rustoleum under body rubberized coating to the wheel well inners. It should help some.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:38 am

1st idea...don't drive in the rain! :lol:

...okay, probably not feasible. I'd say be careful what you wash your car with, as some soaps strip the protective coating.

Also, if you want, waxing after washing can improve the protection and shine.

As far as the rust already there, there are rust removers, but I kinda doubt as to their actual ability to do anything but keep it from spreading.

Funny rust story, we used to have a burgundy Oldsmobile Ciera with rust right over the left rear wheel well. It was so rusted, I could have hit punched right into the trunk. The end of the car...hit a curb, ruined the steering, salvaged.
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.