What is your favorite Retro game?

Darran
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 3 years 2 months

What is your favorite Retro game?

Postby Darran » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:06 am

King's Quest VI and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall both fit the bill, and have been my favourite games for quote some time, now.

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Re: What is your favorite Retro game?

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:49 pm

Besides the MM series, one retro game which I still occasionally play from way back when is Super Smash Bros. Melee (Japan/America 2001 release, Europe 2002 release). Lots of fun.

There were also quite a lot of other old PC games I spent a lot of gametime on back in the day, such as RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, Empire Earth (art of conquest) The Sims 2, Railroad Tycoon 3 (sandbox mode) and so on. I also (like a lot of other people) liked the GTA series when I was younger, particularly VC, SA and IV. I also loved playing old racing games like Gran Turismos 3 and 4, as well as the original NFS Most Wanted (which was a 2005/6 release I think)
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Postby cody » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:07 pm

I would always play eGames games, which were 16-bit, and nowadays require a 32-bit VM to play them. Another game I remember was Make A Map (it was my first driving game, before I started playing the MM series), which I haven't been able to find anywhere, not even on those sites that distribute "abandonware" - nor is it on any online store that I know of. Hopefully someone can PM me a link (preferably a legal one) to it, as I've searched the Internet for it, but to no avail. There were also the Thinkin' Things series, which I had fun with during my childhood, but now I just listen to the soundtrack (last time I checked, it was on YouTube); SimTunes, which was my favorite music software, at least up to 2008 (which was when I got my first DAW: MAGIX Music Maker); the Wild Tangent game demos preinstalled on certain Windows tower PCs (Speedway, Pig Pen, etc.) were fun, but had their limitations. There were quite a few others that (at least nowadays) are hard, if not impossible to find.
My Member Number is prime. LOL!

MysteryDriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Postby MysteryDriverX » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:18 pm

I guess by now the games I played as a kid in the late 90s/early 2000s are considered retro lol. So in that case, besides MM2 of course, my favorite game is GTA Vice City. I liked how the gameplay was simple, it had a great setting, a modding community (that I discovered later) and I think I mostly loved the music.
I know many older games are impressive for its time but I think I only really like games that came out after the mid 90s. As a kid I loved going to the arcades and playing Cruis'n USA and Cruis'n World. I used to rent them at Blockbuster to play at home on a N64, the N64 ports were pretty good.
I also had a ton of Star Wars games as a kid, the best one was Rogue Squadron.