Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 now free @ Origin

Link included

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Kunal2045 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:51 am

@Everyone: You are most welcome. ;)

@Andy: Yes the input lag. I've experienced it as well, very noticable. And the keyboard controls are very similar to Burnout Paradise and I hated it so much that I used a gamepad instead. Not only that, the MW 2012 causes my GPU temperature to reach 70C in a matter of minutes, but that's because its summer here. Otherwise it would be roughly at 65C. However, messing with the NCP and the config file I was able to fix the issues with Temp and possibly the delay.

You could try the following:
Spoiler
Go to the config file and open with notepad; usually found in:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\******\Documents\Criterion Games\Need For Speed(TM) Most Wanted
In the [DISPLAY] section, look the following and set it as shown below:

Code: Select all

LockTo30=true (I've looked around and you can also change the "30" to "60" or even "120" !) FrameLatency=0 VsyncInterval=0
Save and close.
If you have a Geforce GPU, go to the Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D settings, with the Program Settings tab selected, look for Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012. Spoiler is a screenshot of the settings that I have put and has worked for me:
Spoiler
As for the AMD Cards, I don't really know. :/ But try looking for the similar settings in the CCC.

And obviously, you'll have to play around with the in-game graphics settings and see whether all these has reduced the delay.

And yes, this is worth the price of free :P
[align=center][color=black]Sig[/color]
[img]https://www.imgweave.com/view/4838.png[/img][/align]

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Diatosta » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:54 am

Dunno man, for the shitty ass port that is this game, I'm the one who should be getting paid to play it XD
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Postby BIGzee » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:33 pm

Done downloadin and it comes with a crapload of problems. Game kept crashing midway during the first race. Good thing I had two other copies of MW12 - one with camhack files [dll injector script] which also tightened the ride grip with the 'noCrashCam' option (which you guys would love to have) and another one with all DLCs unlocked [exe + xml Hack], and i copied the all DLCs HAWAII folder and problem solved. It was the city geometry. Turns out the data that came with the origin download is the complete edition one with all DLC content included. Only the exe and origin's server side data prevent us from accessing it.

@Kunal2045: MW12 and Paradise's xml and save data contain only the Lockto30 segment (or whatever its called). So only setting it to false or true made changes. False gives me 48-60 frames straight, and the usual 99*C when playing. Another day in paradise :borracho:
... I surely wouldn't take the same time if I was speeding at the highway and there was a car right in front of me Razz Oh, and I almost forgot about the story (or the lack of it).
waa :lol: ? It seems you've only tried the default modless cars or just the carrera. Try unlocking them mods and apply them and watch how it handles the high speed responses with the lowered height. Are you all sure we're still having this discussion post 3 1/2 years since the release ? Guess you fellas haven't tried Rivals yet :stress:. This game stands EXACTLY on the line between arcade and realism. Of course it ain't no race sim.

And with the story part in regard, EA is to blame, not Criterion. Criterion always makes lifeless storyless games focusing entirely on the mindblowingly beautiful graphics and gameplay, all under EA's orders. What different is this game from Midtown Madness storyline ? Or is there one i coulda probably missed out :P. Criterion got pissed n refused to continue to take full part in EA's collaboration / publishing since mw12, and handed over the Frostbite engine to Ghost games for Rivals. Similar to what happened with bugbear and probably with MM series, like since DICE stepped in and toyed with realism and ruined the series. If NFS 2015 doesn't work out (which it most probably won't), EA is sure to take that break from racing games and it would also prob. mean the death of NFS series as well. Simply go thru the reviews on NFS 2015. More of a rehash than a reboot.

My ID : freebieaddict
My time zone : GMT +5:30.

@T_M_W and @Diatosta : I've sent you guys requests already. Hoping there's gonna be more of us to play. Its probably EA doing us a return favor for heartbroken NFS World fans. And watch out for those arabian dudes with unsuspecting names. They mean :cry2:

ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:45 pm

@Diatosta: this screams "NFS 2015 PC promo" all over it. :P however I think if I never played another NFS title before, I don't think I wouldn't want to buy the new one judging by this... Unfortunately the 2015 game also has its laughable features too, according to YouTube.

@Kunal2045: I haven't experienced any high temperatures issues with this one, and I think the input lag is meant to be like this, at least if you search on the Web everybody complians about it. Forward/ brakes work just fine, only the steering being so slow.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Postby BIGzee » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Naah, NFS 2015 is better than this. You get to fine tune between grip and drift. Rest said, the handling is softcore 'Rivals'. Tried multiplayer ? And your ID ?
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby Kunal2045 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:39 pm

Yep, I think the handling is normal, just gotta get used to it.

NFS World is somewhat gonna be replaced with Need for Speed Edge (google it), currently exclusive to South Korea.

I think the reason for a free Need for Speed game indicates that NFS 2015 for PC is just around a corner, but which corner? Either way I'm really looking forward to it.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:36 pm

I haven't heard about NFS Edge before, I'm surely going to check it out.

BTW, my Origin nickname is AndyVanity97 or andre.fontes.escola@gmail.com.
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby Kunal2045 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:07 am

Turns out you can implement raw steering and get rid of the delay, but by doing so (with keyboard) it will turn instantly and will affect the drifting. If you would like to give it a try, download this plugin by Racer S, put the file from the Proxy DLL folder into the MW2012 directory, start the game, and a window will pop up. Tick the "Enable Raw Input" in the Steering box and play. I haven't done anything to the slider below it so maybe adjust that also. Now there should be no steering delay, but then it's unrealistic. The plugin also comes with a camera mod, so if you are interested you can try first person, or would like to take nice screenshots/record videos. Instructions in Readme.

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:39 pm

Is Most Wanted 2012 really similar to Midtown Madness?
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Yeah man, I really said the same thing and I feel that.
Best Midtown Madness 2 innovation of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 mod of the year

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Postby FXANBSS » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:52 pm

Midtown Madness has bad physics and it has classic cars.
At least Midtown Madness 2 has better physics than both MM1 and Most Wanted 2012.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Diatosta » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:13 am

But really, lemme tell you, the only thing MM2 has better than NFS MW12 is the story mode XD
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby Kunal2045 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:40 am

I couldn't agree more. I feel they are similar.

Screenshot of me(left) with The_Most_Wanted(right) posing just few minutes ago. At one point we did a traffic light drag racing, I didn't realize the lights could sync, but hey it was a blast! We could use more players though. ;)
Spoiler

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:55 am

Awesome pic Kunal, that was a great time with you! :D
Best Midtown Madness 2 innovation of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 mod of the year

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:00 am

Midtown Madness has bad physics and it has classic cars.
At least Midtown Madness 2 has better physics than both MM1 and Most Wanted 2012.
MM1 has better physics than both.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014