Fuyunyan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 8 years

Postby Fuyunyan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:09 am

HYPE!!!! (The blue cat on the covers is Fuyunyan! That's me!)
8O :biggrin:

Sirius-R
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Postby Sirius-R » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:51 pm

"Access Denied"

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:02 am

Nintendo is going to release on November 11st a mini Nintendo Enterrtaining System console the size of the palm of your hand, that includes 30 of some of the best original NES titles such as Metroid, Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda or Final Fantasy, a replica of the original NES controller compatible with the Wii U (and apparently this console is compatible with Wii U controllers) and HDMI output. How cool is that!

Surely I'm looking foward to buy one of these, this is not exacly a real retro console but it's far from being yet another crappy emulator console, after all this is made by Nintendo itself so top quality is expected. I'd love if it was possible to insert an SD card and play downloaded ROMs or even an actual slot for original Cartridges but that's not an option (after all Nintendo won't want to hurt their Virtual Console business) but it's still something that'll surely offer some hours of fun and be overall a cool collectible.

More info here.

Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:15 pm

That gamepad looks so ergonomic. :P
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:18 pm

Meanwhile the Wii U gamepad without screen is considered one of the best console gamepads - where they were and where they are now, uh? ;)

Actually that controller is not that bad, it's definitely better and more comfortable than what Atari had to offer back in the day. Plus, alongside with the FamiCom controller (which is just the Japanese original version of the NES, much uglier too), this defined the gamepads we still have nowadays, since it introduced the D pad and the placement of the buttons - all these common things didn't existed before the NES/FamiCom and nowadays still work the best.

As you can see the gamepad made part of the gaming history by itself, and even not being the most comfortable, it's worth to try out. :)

Fuyunyan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 8 years

Postby Fuyunyan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:06 am

Ooo! I gotta buy me one of those! Maybe it'll have ExciteBike on it

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:10 am

[ignore this shit]Nop, it doesn't, and I really doubt this will have some sort of Internet connection to buy or download extra games.[/ignore this shit] Check out the link I shared on my OP of the original Nintendo announcement, it lists all the games that it'll feature.

EDIT: Ignore my first sentence, ExciteBike is actually listed so it'll be included almost for sure. My bad I didn't double checked.

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby COOLGUY200 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:20 pm

I finally scored a PS3 from a dear friend of mine for free. I feel bad for him because all the games he got with it were from his older cousin and they were all "too mature" for him, which is complete :footinmount: . Err, I mean complete bullshit. So yeah, no games came with it, but I was able to get 3 games on one day. Yeah, I went to a GameStop but I only do that for last/current-gen stuff.

Great games, huh? Driver SF's gameplay reminded me of Midtown Madness 3 in some ways :P

Then I went on a mad dash on PS2 games...holy crap I was lucky.

Collection so far. Long way to go!

And, a Mad Catz Dual Force 2 controller! Just what I needed!

(usually I post images but they looked way too big in the preview :molesto2: )

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:20 pm

Midnight Club, nice :D Now you can try NY in it's original game :P

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:15 pm

130 hours of gameplay and I finally finished the main storyline of Fallout 4. It's been a great fun, one of the best games I ever played. I really recommend this game to everyone who's into RPG, exploration and shooting gmes, since you get all of that in the same package. Still, there's plenty of side quests and places to explore I still want to experience, and I'm planning to buy the season pass since as far as I know the DLCs avaliable are really good too.

If someone is planning to play the game, down bellow there's the faction I sided with at the end, but it might give some spoilers of the plot:
Spoiler
Out of curiosity, I finished the game siding with the Minutemen and destroying the Institute, but also staying allied to the Railroad and Brotherhood of Steel, since I managed not to become enemy of any of them neither destroying them. My favourite factions were the Minutemen and the Railroad and honestly if I had to I wouldn't mind destroying BoS (anyways I guess I'll have later on that as a side quest) because I find them so arrogant, but I didn't found it really that necessary if I could not do so, and with the Minutemen I could still save all the synths for Railroad. Soo everyone's happy at the end :P
EDIT: couldn't come in better time, I came across a copy of Fallout 3 GOTY (coming with all the DLCs) in a second hand store. After a few quick adjustments it run like a charm on Windows 10, and it's a great opportunity to put its sucessor aside and try something else - not that I'm varying that much, though - and even discover more about the Fallout universe besides the latest title. They had the first and second titles of the series on the store, too, and for dirt cheap, but I didn't brought money counting for it so I was just able to pick this one up. Maybe they'll still be there on the next time, hopefully.

So far it's an interesting experience, although the story not seeming so emotional and catchy at first as on 4, and after playing that one the graphics and mechanics feel a bit dated. I'll get used to it, I guess. XD

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Diatosta » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:34 pm

>scrolling through the posts
>sees GFWL logo

>5 minutes later, I'm curled up in my bath tub having flashbacks from Vietnam
:^)
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Oh c'mon, it wasn't that bad. :P At least for people like me that prefer to buy physical copies of the games, it was great because you could buy and sell used games. Not like Steam and their one key per user bullcrap you install the game once and then can rub the CD on your butt and throw it away.

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Not like Steam and their one key per user bullcrap you install the game once and then can rub the CD on your butt and throw it away.
Sims 4 on Orgin. :P
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:12 pm

Check out the Revisited 6 of GTA 5... This really makes me wish I had a very powerful computer to fully enjoy the mod. Also, it seems way better than the previous known graphics enhancing mod, Pineapple Express, that was later found as a collection of lots of smaller mods (some of them used without permission of the rightful owners), since it was mostly developed and organized by a single modder and includes tons of enhancements besides graphics. Worth to check out the trailer video:

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Postby carfan1061 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Does anyone know anything of the history of Hard truck 2/ King Of The Road, two very similer games but could told apart by logo's trailers and the map/road. I have King Of The Road, While I found HT2 from sj14 mod and tryed to look deeper but found only the differnces nothing about how the two games came to be. So why would a company make two very similar games :?