Strange hotlink error

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Strange hotlink error

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Okay, I logged on and first thing I went to the forums and clicked on 'posts since your last visit'. I got this message:

"You cannot make another search so soon after your last; please try again in a short while."

I tried going back and clicking it again, and even tried reloading the page and still happened. This isn't the first time, either.

Any ideas why it happens occasionally?
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:08 pm

After that message comes, click "submit" again.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:52 pm

That's a sort of forum protection to avoid the continuous submitting to the website of member requests, like for the posts searching. Can happen to see that message if you've clicked twice or more on that link, maybe because after have clicked the first time the page was taking a bit too much time to load. It's enough wait some seconds and try again.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:27 pm

Guess I need to go back to trackball mouse. This wired laser mouse keeps taking my single click as a double click!
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:28 am

Guess I need to go back to trackball mouse. This wired laser mouse keeps taking my single click as a double click!
Trackball mouse won't be that precise as the one you're using. This page may help to resolve common mouse settings in Windows.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]