Chatterbox

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Chatterbox

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:22 am

I dunno if this is possible, but what if we could have a real-time chat to use for things like arranging multiplayer meets and that sort of stuff.
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:05 am

No. It would not be useful. We have things such as Facebook and Skype, along with the private messaging system here. There is no need for a chat, as it could also just be spammed by new members or anyone in general. Sorry.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:51 am

There was something similar 'MM2X Chat' in the homepage but it never worked for me as it required some additional Java plugin to be installed.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Kunal2045 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:28 pm

I wouldn't mind having a ChatterBox, but this is just not the right time to have it up. Not much users are online (I know I am, 24/7, no life lawl...), speculating about 10 on average come to MM2x daily, but thats just me.
No. It would not be useful. We have things such as Facebook and Skype, along with the private messaging system here. There is no need for a chat, as it could also just be spammed by new members or anyone in general. Sorry.
Not everyone has a Facebook or Skype account, nor would use it for a reason. I agree it would not be useful, but it doesn't have to be (in a way). About spamming, users have to abide by the rules given to them in the ChatterBox (like an agreement before entering the ChatterBox room). This is just my opinion so we have to wait for Franch's consent.
[align=center][color=black]Sig[/color]
[img]https://www.imgweave.com/view/4838.png[/img][/align]

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:18 pm

Well, if we had one, I would use it. But that does depend on the fact of anyone even using it! :P I am one of the people who is on this website 24/7, and would definitely not mind to have this feature.

But, like kunal said, this all awaits Franch's, and maybe Dj's approval (probably not Dj's, though. As he rarely comes on :lol:)
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:09 am

This is something already discussed in past, if I'm not wrong. Not a great idea because of the already mentioned reasons, then, approved or not, it has to be implemented, and I'm not the one for such things. Also, would be better don't keep a big archive of the shoutbox with the older submissions, because it becomes useless and will fill more the database space... The previously existing chat was the alternative to this, but it was always sort or useless and unneeded.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:31 am

My basic Idea was just something strictly for arranging multiplayer competitions, cause forum posting would be such a slow way to do it. Still, I'm not one to argue with my elders.
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.