Members area

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Members area

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Maybe we could have a members area, where we can upload and share stuff that the general public doesn't get access to. Elite creations, secret tips, self-made modelling textures, that sort of thing.
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:53 pm

I dont know about thaaat, I dont really see the point of it, for instance, why would somebody post a car just for certain people?

Maybe self-made modelling textures would work, but again, why would people give their own textures that they have used on their own cars for people to copy? And if you need tips, just ask, we are all here to help. :wink:

I hope I didn't sound too harsh. :oops:
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Well, the forum it's already a members area, and it's enough and works for the purpose. It's not strictly private, and there's no point to have a such thing.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:28 am

I got the idea from other website's I've seen, but I guess that makes sense. As far as self-made textures go, I meant like if someone needs a texture (e.g. a headlight) and someone else already made a car using a similar texture, that texture would be availible. Like I've been attempting to finish a partial conversion by Riva of a cadillac escalade cop, just for the practice of it rather than a conversion release, since I can't ask Riva for permission to use it, but I needed a SFPD patch and ended up copying and pasting one from wikipedia. I almost needed headlights and tail lights, but fortunately I discovered he had already put those in the texture files.

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:52 am

I got the idea from other website's I've seen, but I guess that makes sense. As far as self-made textures go, I meant like if someone needs a texture (e.g. a headlight) and someone else already made a car using a similar texture, that texture would be availible. Like I've been attempting to finish a partial conversion by Riva of a cadillac escalade cop, just for the practice of it rather than a conversion release, since I can't ask Riva for permission to use it, but I needed a SFPD patch and ended up copying and pasting one from wikipedia. I almost needed headlights and tail lights, but fortunately I discovered he had already put those in the texture files.
Actually, if you mean the models from his site, you are definitely aloud to use it. :wink:

[img][/img]

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:23 am

Wasn't directly off his site, but one of the sites on his network links page.
If I have permission to use it, I would if I could figure out what I did wrong with it (will post details on my projects page)

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:47 am

I'm guessing its from Driver San Francisco game? If yes, you are aloud to use all of his conversions from other video games on his network links page. :wink:

[img][/img]

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:18 pm

[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:55 pm

Yes, it was DSF. This being the case, I suppose I will finish and release the caddy as well as other unfinished conversions. Tune to my projects thread for updates.