MM2x Proposal Idea

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

MM2x Proposal Idea

Postby zoot » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:49 pm

Here's what I've sent as a PM to Franch this morning about an idea I've had for MM2x.

"Hello Franch,

I've been looking through older MM2c threads, dating from 2002 up to 2004-ish dates. I've noticed a lot of the project threads are around 99% car modeling scratch threads that show promise. I propose that MM2X had either random or an annual car modeling competition to get people into the gear or being able to model cars for this game and other games, too. I believe that it would be a fair way to get people into 3D modeling and provide nice skills and practice to others. I believe this is a good way to get people into 3D modeling and trying to win the competition.

With prizes, I have no clue what the prize could be.. maybe an image of a trophy, a special 'wall of fame' page here on the site, or a special rank in order to show that they have won it before. Maybe it can even be an item(download) or something related to MM1/2 itself. This can be voted on by users in a thread poll to see which they would like best.

I believe that the community would like this idea very much and that they would believe they can be very good and have a fun time at modeling and having fun with the community together.

I would like if you could sincerely think this out and take it into consideration as I believe it could be a great plan and a fun thing to do to get users and members here at MM2x. It could help out the site and the users dearly with new members and art skills and creations for the community itself, not having to be limited to such car conversions as Forza, etc. This allows users to grow with the community and with the game and even have new goals that they wish to achieve.

Regards,
Paul"

Any comments or concerns about this idea that I have? Post them here.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

transdev_joe
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Postby transdev_joe » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:04 pm

Absolutely 100% agree. I originally intended to begin modelling from scratch, but decided to just dip my toe in the water by converting a couple of cars to begin with.

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:20 pm

I agree. It's a nice way as a competition. It also makes people to show their skills of modelling in the appropriate arena. Actually, I don't know much about modelling as I haven't worked on anyone. But that's great idea. Exciting and interesting. :D
+1
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:47 pm

We should definitely have one
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Silly Carking... nobody makes their own stuff anymore... it's time for you to "convert" and get with the times, man! :P

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:42 pm

The idea it's good, ok to have announced it to everyone for a start, but it's surely not going to be successful, neither if you put effort in organizing it. I remember that Silent1Unknown had a similar idea of modeling contest proposed at the now ended Madness Revived website forum, and well, it just failed.
The community is growing down in the latest years and just a bunch of people have showed interest in making a car model, most of the times ending up with without done. IMHO, who wants to make a car model, suddenly and freely starts to make it and shows it to the community, hoping that it'll be finished sooner or later; I don't think that a competition without an interesting and remunerative prize would attract new people into a such business. The personal time factor counts too, as well as the own skills and capacities ones.
The best positive surprises of the last years about new modelers and great works, have been from TBT_Midtown2, which never showed his projects here, from e-cobra, releasing a couple of vehicles and showing some more, and from CHN, with his KITT car not showed here till the releasing (he did it only to me in private, and I gave help too).
Your example of MM2C in 2002-2004 years it's about a totally different period, which the things were going better, with much more modelers and activity in making stuff for MM2 by more people; those were the years of modelers such as Hummfred from HQTM-Team, EuropaCar, the same Riva, etc.
At last, shall be admitted that the conversions of models, especially from games, have contributed to keep this community and the motivation to follow it alive. Also, the conversions are obviously easier, faster and are a good start to prepare yourself in the making of a car for MM2, jumping over the entire car modeling part, or almost, that can be eventually considered in the future for an attempt. Then, much people look more at the car (brand, model, look, features, etc.), and not how it was made, so if it was a scratch made model or a converted model.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|