Looks like someone accessed my account!

What's up, doc!?

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Looks like someone accessed my account!

Postby whoami » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi! Looks like someone opened my account today. When I logged in @ 3:00 PM this afternoon (GMT +5:30) there were no new posts listed. I opened the topics myself one by one and saw MANY posts I didn't see before! I'm changing the password right now, but is this a problem in MM2X or my password WAS WindowsXP?
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:41 pm

There's nothing weird about your account... Surely what you've done has just been: login with your account and view only your PMs inbox (the PMs function is a part of the forum), for example, but not also the new posts since the last visit in the forum, and then you've logged out/closed the browser. After, you do login/open the browser again and now you aren't anymore seeing as new the posts that before were tagged as such.
This is a normal thing of an old forum platform like phpBB 2.0, where pratically the posts tagged as new gets old both if you've really read/viewer them or not, so, what counts is if there are again new posts in the new last visit that you're doing.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby whoami » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:42 am

Okay... Even though what I really did was only download a car. Is that in the forums too? The Yes Roadster by Piau9000?
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:48 am

I don't know if the same thing happens only if you go in any part of the website except forum and PMs. I believe not, but I have to see this by myself.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

DjDecibel
MM2 eXtreme Owner
MM2 eXtreme Owner
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Italy

Postby DjDecibel » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:59 pm

only PM's are part of the forum, but if you browse the other pages of the site like download section, guestbook, image gallery.. the posts in the forum will not marked as read..