Midtown Madness 2 Preview Vid...

Some things look pretty interesting...

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Midtown Madness 2 Preview Vid...

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:50 pm

I'm sure that everyone has seen the official MM2 Preview Video from the official MM2 Site, but I noticed some interesting things in it...
Check it out here.
First of all, in the second clip, (The one with the austin going up Lombard Street), the hudmap is visible, and very different. I saw that leftover texture in the core files, but perhaps they where planning on expanding SF. Also, several textures are different, such as the water, grass, and even the delivery truck in the last clip. I'd say that this is obviously taken from the beta, but it is still kinda interesting. :wink:
Speaking of beta, does anyone have a beta of MM2? Because I'm looking for one...

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:21 pm

The Mini has no bumpers and Aston had no mirrors. And these strange intersection sidewalks remind me it's SFAI. And also the road with trams has got other texture

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:24 pm

And if you notice, the Cable Car also has people inside it!

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:43 pm

I know there is texture of group people in MM2 from Cablecar. And the Mini made also strange backflip, maybe thats something from one of this different Cooper bounds from mm2core.ar

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:16 pm

I saw this MM2 preview video some time ago, it's available for download at MM2C website here. Some things showed in that video are visible in the first released screenshots of this game.
I've noticed the lot of differences about cars, city, textures, hudmap, etc., and sure what's showed in that video is the beta version of the game, the one that could have those nice different menus. Yeah, some of the files of those differences, like the textures of the people inside the cablecar, there are in the game .ar files.
This version is pratically impossible to find; maybe some of the old members of MM2C, that seems that have partecipated to the game beta testing or something, could have it. :roll:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

agustin26
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Postby agustin26 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:48 pm

in mm2tex.ar
i finded a piece of an old beta, diferents and cool menus
and diferents textures

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:36 pm

Indeed, most of us and modders know that in the game mm2tex.ar file there are some unused textures that come from the beta version of the game, and in the French version of the final version of MM2 there are more, like a screenshot of the beta version menu.

In the commercial and preview videos and pictures of MM2 is always visible the beta version, but the final released one, as we know, has differences; it's not so fair this.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|