Midtown Madness 2 Commercial!

A look at an early beta...

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Midtown Madness 2 Commercial!

Postby dummiesboy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:16 pm

I found this on Youtube. It seems to be an old commercial of MM2! :D Here is the link...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08sRpNrjmjQ

And yeah, poor choice of a narrator. :P

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:47 pm

Thanks for letting us know about this interesting discover, you told me about it some time ago. I don't understand a lot of what the narrator says, but he just presents the product, like in any other old stlye commercial spots.
In the video is showed the beta version of MM2, where there are some different textures and objects for the cities, and especially those very nice menu: the vehicle selecting screen have a very good look, like the rest of it, as this MM2 beta version driver menu picture lets show; it has been taken from the French version of the game, thanks to Riva. :) Is a bit a pity that that menu style has been changed with the one of the final game version, it's kinda cool. However, I'm not so sure if the released beta version of the game has those menus, I don't have it, and seem that's very hard to find now.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dummiesboy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:53 pm

Yeah, I told you about it in a PM a little while ago, but I just remembered about it, so decided to post it. :wink: I am very interested to grab a copy of the beta, it would most likely have a goldmine of stuff, that even the French version doesn't have! :D

About the narrator, it just seems like he's advertizing some kinda little kid's toy by the way he is talking, but that is just my opinion. :wink: Then again, this would have been just comming out of the nineties, so the way he says some things may not be the same as today.. :P

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:18 am

Great find! I like the old selection screen better. :P

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Postby HummersRock » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:36 am

Yeah, I like the old selection screen better too. I remember watching this video a couple years ago.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:22 am

Yeah, I remember that video, too. The old selection was really some way better. I think the narrator is just introducing all of the features which would be in MM2. He just speaks way too fast, so I could only understand a few phrases.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:29 pm

Sometimes beta menus are best than the final ones (such as Battelfield series on PC too) :?

Unfortunately I didn't take part to the beta test of MM2. Some people from MM2C made it but most of these are offline since few years. You should ask to Rippance, Stereo or Jason about this stuff, maybe they still have these files.

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Postby wilder » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:22 pm

I've seen this video a very long time ago . This vid is avaible from the game "Motocross Madness 2"
Indeed the beta style is better . I've noticed that also the sound aren't all the same (such as engine sound)
The narator said "One of the best game of 1999"

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:12 pm

Yeah Riva, probably the old members and the administrator of MM2C have partecipated to the MM2 beta testing. I'm wondering how they did this, but I don't really know about this thing.
About the extra contents of the Motocross Madness 2 game disc, I remember that there's something about the other Madness Series games, maybe a demo of Monstertruck Madness 2. I don't rememebr a preview video about Midtown Madness 2 in it, I have to check. MM2 was released after Motocross Madness 2.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:54 pm

The Aston sound is propably like in MM1 Roadster, ot they used Idle+Drive engine sound mothod like in MM1