I need some help!

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Video Problem

Postby matt1314 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:29 am

Hi everyone.

I made again a video and uploaded it to YouTube. But when I wanted to watch it, it said that the video was removed because it is too long. :( It lasts 13 minutes and 40 seconds. But I saw on YouTube much bigger and longer videos, which lasted more that 20 minutes! My question is how to cut my video in two parts and upload two videos instead of one. Which program do I need to do this?

Thanks.

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:33 pm

Others have longer videos because they have special accounts and have to pay for it. Gold member and things like that.

But does not WindowsMovieMaker split videos?....mmmmm.....yes it does! :D Now I remember, thats how I made my Audi R8 movie. I split many videos to get only the scenes that I needed and then put it together. You just have to split and save each part separately.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Thanks Silent, but can you give me exact instructions how to split a video?

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Postby HummersRock » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Others have longer videos because they have special accounts and have to pay for it. Gold member and things like that.
Really? Now they have to pay? It used to be that if you made an account an made it director from the start you could do longer videos, but I think Youtube stopped that for all new accounts.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Silent1Unknown » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:13 pm

Ok. When you import the video and drag it into the timeline, play the video until you get to the frame where you want to split it and pause the video. There is a "Split" button under the mediaplayer where all the play, pause, and stop buttons are. Just click it to split the video.

Now you have 2 pieces of video in the timeline. You can save the project. Then right-click>delete one video. Save the other remaining video into your movie. Quit WMM but dont save the project.....unless you name it something else.

Restart WMM, open the old project where you just splitted the video into 2 parts. Now delete the second video and save the remaining video into your movie.

Now you have 2 movies! :wink:

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:33 am

Thanks Silent, I'll try that. :) But I don't understand, which video I have to delete and which I shall save and when I should save my project and how I shall split the video.

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Silent1Unknown » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:38 am

Ok. I made a video tutorial about it. Here it is:

I thinks its better if you watch it in high quality. Also, if you have the latest version of Real Player, you can easily download/save the video to your HDD.

P.S. When youre saving the videos as movies, remember to name them differently.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:43 am

Thank you a lot, Silent! Now I know, what to do. :D