ITN_Tuning: Audi TT finished.

ITN_Tuning
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 3 months
Bulgaria

Re: ITN_Tuning: Audi TT in progress

Postby ITN_Tuning » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:51 pm

Thanks, Franch. I guess I still got it in me.
I'm nearly done. I redid the bodylines on the textures, added some highlight because the way I did them with one color was quite dull.
I think I fixed the dashboard view that for some reason was facing backwards, might've left some config files that conflicted with the default car. Tested damage textures (those black lines), seem to work. Will add the real ones later. Added custom brake light texture. The standard name fxltglowred was loading the default red flare so I renamed mine. Also brake calipers seem to work as fender objects.

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 3 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:25 pm

Nice. Great to see more high poly models like this get damage textures in MM2, as well as the low poly vehicles.
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

ITN_Tuning
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Bulgaria

Postby ITN_Tuning » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:45 am

I've never added damage textures before due to my lacking image editing and game conversion skills but now as I've got experience due to my job with printing, I think I can do decent work with textures.
Meanwhile I found the next possible project on the list, dated to 2013, the same year as the TT. (edit: So I just visited my thread at nfscars and both cars are actually from 2009. Talking about slow progress)
Last edited by ITN_Tuning on Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:34 pm

Good looking Mini Cooper model so far. :) Damages textures need some work and usually don't look so well on detailed higher polygons models, but I'm curious to see what you'll do. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

ITN_Tuning
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Bulgaria

Postby ITN_Tuning » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:46 pm

Maybe I'll leave the glass damage only. The body damage doesn't show the way I hoped it would, something like in NFS Porsche. Or I'll try to make scratches like in Most Wanted.
edit: Figured out how to make the tail light texture better.
Here's some of the damage texture. I think it's coming out pretty well. But doesn't show well in game.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:37 pm

Nice damages textures and tail lights. :) That's the default way how the game shows the damages texture, but, due to the patchers MM2Hook before and NuHook after, has been able to develop a way similar to how works in MM1. I guess it can look better in that way.

You need to come and check Midtown Club Discord server, since most of the community activity is there. You can find the above said patcher there, which are always in developing.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

ITN_Tuning
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Bulgaria

Postby ITN_Tuning » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:25 pm

I just joined Midtown club and Madness crew. Thanks for the invite.
I found part of my problem. My game ran in 16 bit mode. Then I remembered that the culprit may be gfxconf.dat, so I deleted it and 32 bit appeared in the menu. The textures look much better. I consider trying to make a damage model too, since NuHook implemented such a feature.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:03 pm

That's the best solution, nowadays. That old experienced issue was caused by the alpha channel of the texture, which always gives a lowered quality look of it in-game, but due to the 32 bit colors it's no more a problem.
Good to consider the 3D damages supported by NuHook. :wink:

ITN_Tuning
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Bulgaria

Postby ITN_Tuning » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:39 pm

I posted in the server but will post here too. The progress is slower than I thought. I was experimenting and fixing bugs.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:29 pm

Nice work with them. :)
You would need to make the mirrors as breakablae objects, and also, remove the reflections where not needed, like the Audi logo (you need to assign to the polygons of such parts a copy of its material that will have reflections set to 0).

ITN_Tuning
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Bulgaria

Postby ITN_Tuning » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am

I think I set the side mirrors as breakables, will check if something went wrong with exporting from Blender. I'll assign the logos to the interior texture, also might add some low poly driver, seems a bit empty now. And am pretty close to done.

The car is finally done. Feel free to try it and point out something I missed or didn't do well enough.
ImageImage
CLICK