Storm_Sullivan 2.0

Since Scratch Modelling didn't work out...

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Wed May 07, 2014 1:16 am

Possibly polycount then. JPGS are not an issue
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Mon May 12, 2014 11:33 pm

Hm, maybe... I'll see what I can cut off without ruining the quality...

In the meantime, my lights seem to be coming along okay, but I won't be able to see how they really look till I get this rig in-game finally.

And if I can't cut enough polies and I end up cancelling the XF, I have lots of other things I'm playing with to look forward to. :lol:
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 9 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Tue May 13, 2014 1:49 am

Sent it to me, I can see what I can do.

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Tue May 13, 2014 2:36 am

If you wanna try, b my guest :) How should I get it to you?

I'll send it soon as I finish with the lights.

And here's something most of us don't see everyday, especially in MM2, lol !
The Russian UAZ Hunter 31519: (I'm following your suggestion to get quickgrab, Aaro, just have to wait for account activation first)

Might change the brake & reverse lights cause they look a bit funny, but its better than what I used to do.

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Tue May 13, 2014 3:21 am

Nice and I guess I will download the model from gamemodels.

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Tue May 13, 2014 12:48 pm

:? The original, or I'm supposed to upload the conversion there?

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Tue May 13, 2014 6:46 pm

I will download the same model or you can upload your to a free file sharing website.

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Tue May 13, 2014 10:29 pm

I guess that depends on whether you're planning to get the truck, rip some polies, then give it to me to finish, or take mine, rip polies, and give it back.

Mine is here: https://www.mediafire.com/download/xnawd ... IGOR94.zip

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Tue May 13, 2014 11:37 pm

Nice model! :) Can you please post pics of this vehicle at Noon & Night times?
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 innovation of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 mod of the year

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Wed May 14, 2014 12:22 am

Wait, what? :?

R U talking about the DAF I posted a link to, or the UAZ I just posted pic's of?
Either way, I haven't gotten to the in-game stage for any of my models yet. The DAF I attempted but it crashed at selection screen, which Aaro suggested might be a sign of too many polies, which is why I uploaded it for mm2mm1fan, who offered to see what he could cut.

BTW, mm2mm1, thanks for offering to help. Its really appreciated :)

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Thu May 15, 2014 11:40 am

Yeah i'm talking about the UAZ which in Zmodeler, you said that it crashed but i see there is something wrong with the name of objects!
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 innovation of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 mod of the year

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Thu May 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Huh? Now I'm very confused. I know some of the object names are wrong, but I haven't even attempted to upload the UAZ into the game yet.

The DAF was the truck that kept crashing, because of polies. The UAZ still has too many things to work on to put it in-game (I don't have sounds, tuning stats, or anything for that yet).

Btw, when a car has more than 4 wheels, what should I call the extra wheels? And on a trailer, how do I implement steering (I noticed this effect on the in-game tiller engine)?

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Thu May 15, 2014 9:04 pm

Nice work.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Fri May 30, 2014 12:48 am

Hi all,
I apologize for the slow show of progress. Just wanted to let ya'll know I'm still working on the stuff :) .

Part of the reason its so slow is because I'm still working on the DAF's boundary shell and attempting to cut the polies as low as possible.

Also, everyone has real lives to live, though I suppose I actually live it less than some... :lol:

The biggest reason is, don't ask me why or how, but I somehow have collected almost 600 models for GTA SA, IV...er, well, I guess my signature is clear on that. (If you think that's a lot, I started with almost 1400, no joke). So, I have to continue weeding--taking out duplicate models, taking out models I don't get permission for, taking out models too low-quality to suit me or too high quality to work in MM2, taking out boring stuff (a firetruck that is only a giant box-truck with a lightbar, for instance) and so on.

Its a long process tracking down all the authors (a few less than 600, but still...)

At least that goes for the GTA IV models and a few locked GTA SA models. The unlocked models, I've generally found, are allowed to be edited, converted, etc. for private use, so by the time I get permission to publicly release them, I'll be able to have them half-done.

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Fri May 30, 2014 7:34 am

Wow 600 models! :o About the DAF XF, the large size of .ar file is because of large textures. I remember once you showed them somewhere and they were like 1024 pixels wide. If you think it's crashing due to its bound, maybe try with a simple cube bound that roughly covers the body and confirm whether this 'bound' is the reason of crash or not?
Anyway, good luck with these conversions. :)
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]