World Cup Anybody?

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Triple_X » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:27 pm

this is getting ridiculous , Netherlands and france shouldn't have gone further :/
[color=white][b][u]MM2X Awards : [/u][/b]

[img][/img] | Funniest Active Member [/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:36 pm

Yeah, on the paper, Netherlands and France are stronger than their adversaries, respectively Mexico and Nigeria. The first has more experienced players such as Robben and Van Persie while the second is more young with Benzema and Pogba. But effectively, it's quite unusual that they won right on the last minutes of the matches... Sounds pretty unfair... :roll:
Let's see if Germany will do the same against Algeria, or not.

Costa Rica is really being the great revelation, earning the quarter-finals after have beaten Greece at penalty kicks (great performance by their goalkeeper).
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:02 am

As for me, I was rooting for Portugal (I'm Portuguese), but now Brazil (I'm also Brazilian :P), but I'm sure they won't win. Frankly, they're just playing a sloppy game. Argentina has an awesome team, with Messi and Di Maria and all, but they are playing just like Brazil. Greece definitely didn't deserve to go this far, I think Croatia or Portugal would have made it more interesting. Belgium has put on a surprising show, along with Costa Rica. Those are my theories lol.
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Postby Midtown2 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:26 pm

It's not popular here, Franch88. Honestly, none of my friends know about soccer and they say it's stupid and the "football" is a real mans game. Honestly, though, all the soccer players I know are assholes so soccer has been ruined here :/ . I'm still a fan though (but thats probably because I'm foreign ) :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:36 am

At the end, also Germany vs Algeria and Argentina vs Switzerland ended in the same way. This shows how the littlest teams are going very well, giving an hard time to the bigger teams. :wink: Dunno about Switzerland (it missed a 1-0 goal), but Algeria well deserved to win...
Great match Belgium vs USA, very good gameplay for both the teams, but Belgium had a step ahead. Also it ended in the extra times, which are always putting more willing to win for the teams (to avoid the near palpitating penalty kicks). :P
So far, this Brazilian FIFA World Cup is being very enjoyable, with teams and players good and bad surprises, lot of equality, and mostly a great play. I agree about Greece, it at least deserved less to pass the groups phase than the other 15 teams.
Brazil won't win? I bet for its winning against Colombia, and so, to the semifinals, then we'll see. France vs Germany is a lot interesting, I bet on France win... I would go for Netherlands and Argentina wins, too.

Soccer's low popularity in the USA is something known. I know that the female team has got better results in the female championships, like the two wins in the Women's FIFA Word Cup. Yeah, your American football is the equivalent of soccer here, speaking of popularity, business and so on (Superbowl says it all).
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:27 pm

I'll tell you what I think of Brazil after their next game, but at the moment, Netherlands, Argentina, or France will win. And if Brazil win's their next game fairly, I can see them winning also. ;)

[img][/img]

jorge14
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Postby jorge14 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:42 am

GERMANY 4EVER, GO Deutschland GO :D
[img][/img][color=gray] Best MM2 car converter of the year[/color] | [img][/img] [color=chocolate] Best active member photoshop-er[/color]
[url=https://www.mm2jorge14.weebly.com][img]https://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/16/19/81/53/mm2jor10.png[/img][/url]

LTV_boss
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby LTV_boss » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:02 pm

I'm not caring about it, i think football is overrated, just a bunch of guys running after a little ball like chickins. Im portuguese and i was hoping Portugal team would lose, so maybe people here would stop going all nuts on supporting them, they don't deserve it, they never played well.
ImageBest sig Evah.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Diatosta » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:34 pm

Well, some of them played well, but yeah, I also don't care a little bit about football and was going insane about everyone talking football, so good thing they were eliminated I guess? :P
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:03 pm

Well Ronaldo's injury set them back quite a bit.. And the fact that they didn't really try... and Jorge, guess who just made it to the semi finals? :D

[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:12 pm

Germany won, deserved. France hasn't been at its best.
Brazil is now winning, and probably will at the end.

Portugal hasn't been so good this year, what an heavy defeat against Germany on the first match. In 2010 it made the fourth place, losing again against Germany. :P
About Italy, probably people here went more nuts... But didn't they notice what a weak, not organized and slow team it was being? :lol: It hasn't never been satisfying in the latest years. I was expecting its elimination on the third group phase match after the disastrous second match, and I neither liked its playing on the first match, despite the win against England. It's all to redo and hope for the 2016 UEFA European Championship in France...

Generally I don't care about soccer and clubs, but I always used to give more attention and interest on the important national matches.

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:17 pm

Italy is by far, my least favourite team to watch. Brazil is playing a better game than last time, happy to see them like this.

[img][/img]

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Postby NotoriousA » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:01 am

YES! Brazil made it to the semifinals! Here's hoping they can pull off a victory against Germany. ;)
[img][/img]

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:47 am

That'll be an awesome game! I honestly can't wait for that. I'm surprised Costa Rica made it to the quarter finals, I hope they can put on a good show tomorrow and beat the Netherlands and make it to the semis. Tomorrow we'll see what happens with the next batch and I'll tell you who I think will win, we could even hold a vote :P

[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:49 am

Argentina vs Belgium match went pretty like the previous one between France and Germany... Belgium way to play reminded me of Italy's one, which barely works for goal shots purposes. They tried to get the tie, but did too errors in finishing the actions.
Netherlands vs Costa Rica ended at penalty kicks, Netherlands finally passed...