page views since August 2002
Midtown Madness 3 brings the madcap, over-the-top racing and driving excitement this franchise is known for to the Xbox video game system. Midtown Madness 3, the latest in the popular Midtown Madness franchise, allows you to get behind the wheel of more than 30 vehicles while competing in exciting race modes such as Blitz, Checkpoint and Cruise in two of the world's most fascinating cities: Paris and Washington D.C. With a robust Career mode featuring 14 driving careers, Midtown Madness 3 delivers the rush and excitement of street racing while challenging you to put all your driving skills to the ultimate test.
- Wide-open racing in two living, breathing cities: Highly detailed, fully researched renditions of Paris and Washington, complete with ambient traffic and animated pedestrians, await gamers in "Midtown Madness 3." Hidden routes, shortcuts and hideouts are encountered throughout each of the cities, showcasing the incredible depth of these environments.
- Race modes: Three different race modes (Blitz, Checkpoint, Cruise) await gamers. You can just cruise through the incredibly vast cityscapes of DC or Paris, or race through and unlocking more than 40 different Blitz and Checkpoint races.
- Career mode: Players work through more than 50 missions across 14 careers, including a limousine driver, pizza deliverer, taxi driver, secret agent and police officer. New careers, vehicles and challenges are unlocked as players complete a series of missions to progress through the game.
- Diverse vehicles: Gamers have the opportunity to put their driving skills to the test across a wide assortment of fast and fun vehicles. Racers can select from more than 30 vehicles, including licensed cars like the BMW Mini Cooper, the Lotus Esprit Turbo, or the Hummer H2 as well as vehicles such as city buses, taxis, or even garbage trucks.
- Multiplayer modes: Gamers can challenge friends and others with split screen play, system-link play, and online play via Xbox Live. Xbox Live support will feature specific multiplayer games as well as downloadable content.
- Advanced graphics and audio: In leveraging the audio capabilities of Xbox, Midtown Madness 3 delivers traffic, pedestrians, voice-over effects and ambient sounds peculiar to the cities and neighborhoods in which play takes place, providing a fully interactive racing experience.
Midtown Madness 3 is being developed by Digital Illusions C.E. A publicly held company headquartered in Sweden with offices in Stockholm and Göteborg as well as in Toronto, Digital Illusions is focused on creating high-quality, playable games that will make the most of the advanced technology for which they are designed. The company has a strong background in racing games, having developed such hits as "RallyMasters," "NASCAR Heat (PC)" and "Swedish Touring Car Championship." Digital Illusions can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.dice.se/.
|Midtown Madness 3, Press Release|
Copyright © by Midtown Madness 2 eXtreme All Right Reserved.
Published on: 2002-11-05 (75533 reads)