Polish Translator?

In this section you can find everything about the contest, show your work and ask questions

Moderators: Frost, Luigi

Gafaddict
HQTM-Team

Polish Translator?

Post by Gafaddict »

Hi guys,

I'm the web designer of what I guess could be considered the official Classic Madness website. I've been working to improve it the past few days and in the process I noticed that I had programmed a feature that would allow for a Polish version of the site based on the user's preferences. Problem is... I don't speak any Polish.

So what I'm wondering is if there's anybody out there who can speak Polish and English and translate text on the site for me? I'm afraid I won't be able to reimburse you much, except for having your name on the site, sorry... but I would be really grateful; since the HQTM-Team is natively Polish this would be a great idea for the CM site.

Now I do realize that the majority of the Polish speakers are in the Polish forum... but I'd figure some of the ones who can speak English as well also come here. If anybody wants to double this in the Polish forum (I would, but again, can't speak a word of Polish) I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks so much! :D
Gafaddict
HQTM-Team Forum member.

The Midtown Madness Archive
Franch88
HQTM-Team

Post by Franch88 »

There's the member Albee for this. :P ;) You could also use the Polish to English and viceversa translator at www.poltran.com, but the translated text quality won't be good. :)
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, Midtown Madness 2 COLOR member.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases||MM2X.com|
Albee
HQTM-Team

Post by Albee »

Franch88 wrote:You could also use the Polish to English and viceversa translator
Only after I'm buried dead and cold! Don't spoil a brilliant website with such a crappy translation. :)
If You need an organic translator I should be able to meet the requirements.
Franch88
HQTM-Team

Post by Franch88 »

LOL Albee. :P Organic translators are always the best. :>

Gafaddict, look your post translation here. ;) I don't know if it's real, but we have to give trust on Albee. :D
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, Midtown Madness 2 COLOR member.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases||MM2X.com|
Albee
HQTM-Team

Post by Albee »

Of course it's 'real'.^^ I don't see a single reason to joke.
Skoda

Post by Skoda »

Franch88 wrote:Gafaddict, look your post translation here. ;) I don't know if it's real, but we have to give trust on Albee. :D
It's a good translation. It has some mistakes ("język Polski/Angielski"? Mnie zawsze uczyli, żeby pisać to małą literą... :P), but they aren't serious and the quality of this translation is much better than one made by "internet translator" like translate.pl (my mother, who doesn't know English at all can translate text better than this so called 'translator' :P ).
Albee
HQTM-Team

Post by Albee »

My bad. ^^ Of course adjectives should begin with a lower case letter.