Webmaster contest

In this section you can find everything about the contest, show your work and ask questions

Moderators: Frost, Luigi

Will you participate in the webmatser content?

Poll ended at 2007-03-07, 21:08

Yes, of course
82%
Maybe
9%
Not really
No votes
No, I don't like the idea
No votes
I don't care
9%

Total votes: 11

Gafaddict
HQTM-Team

Post by Gafaddict »

Rednaxela wrote:Gafaddict - Looks good, but if the browser window is too small (at least on mine) the news box and stuff gets pushed below the menu. :-)
What resolution/browser do you have? It might be screen size, or you could be using something that interprets the CSS wrong. Either way, I should probably fix it.
Gafaddict
HQTM-Team Forum member.

The Midtown Madness Archive
Rednaxela
HQTM-Team

Post by Rednaxela »

I'm using IE6. My resolution is 1024x768. You might want some kind of div or table around the whole thing with a min-width. However, I don't think IE recognizes the min-width property, so you might have to try something else.

Maxoff - Thanks for the link, but unfortunately I won't be able to use that image. Is it made in Photo Shop (guessing based on the .psd extension)? I'm using Paint Shop, not Photo Shop, so I can't open the file. Could someone maybe convert it to png (still with transparent background) for me? Thanks. :D BTW, I do plan on finishing this site. It will be fun. ;)

Jon - Actually, I didn't copy it, I made it repeat. But I will make a new one that is a lot longer so there's more to it before it repeats (if it needs to at all)
georgy
HQTM-Team

Post by georgy »

I think you can open .psd files with Irfanview and Snagit v8 ;) 8)
Sapphire x1650 Pro P0wD3R || Nice forum here ... :D
Thank you HQTM for your great creations and to give "playing MM2" another dimension ^_^
AutogamingCentral
|| Midtown Madness 2 COLOR
Rednaxela
HQTM-Team

Post by Rednaxela »

Well, I don't have those either. I might be able to get access to Photo Shop just to convert the file. Thanks for helping me. :D

By the way, I got a lot of my site finished, at least for now. I still need to add a few more pages, but I got a lot of the information and pictures up on there.

It didn't quite turn out as nice looking as I was hoping. It's just kind of plain, but I'm not sure what else to do. I went for more of a gaming style rather than professional style, and since I used a black background to kind of match the HQTM Team's theme, there's not much else I can put on there. Anyway, please take a look. Here's the link again, since the other link is in my post on page 3 of this topic: Classic Madness

How many other people have finished/are going to finish their sites? I would like to see other Classic Madness sites, too, if they're ready. :D
Goszczak
HQTM-Team

Post by Goszczak »

Goszczak, 2007-04-01, 14:19 wrote:Image
My... ;)
Gafaddict
HQTM-Team

Post by Gafaddict »

Rednaxela wrote:Well, I don't have those either. I might be able to get access to Photo Shop just to convert the file. Thanks for helping me. :D

By the way, I got a lot of my site finished, at least for now. I still need to add a few more pages, but I got a lot of the information and pictures up on there.

It didn't quite turn out as nice looking as I was hoping. It's just kind of plain, but I'm not sure what else to do. I went for more of a gaming style rather than professional style, and since I used a black background to kind of match the HQTM Team's theme, there's not much else I can put on there. Anyway, please take a look. Here's the link again, since the other link is in my post on page 3 of this topic: Classic Madness

How many other people have finished/are going to finish their sites? I would like to see other Classic Madness sites, too, if they're ready. :D
There's one thing I really noticed about your site: don't put your menu links in a linear format like you right now. It takes away viewing space for the content. Put the menu items in a single line, as opposed to the multiple ones you have right now.

Also, it says in the rules that the documents must have Valid HTML (so it can display correctly in all browsers). I was looking at your website on the W3C Validator, and there's 12 errors in coding style. I'm not sure how big a detractor this might be, but you never know.

You asked if others had finished their website -- mine's right here: http://classicmadness.lschober.com/

Irfanview, by the way, is free. You can find it here: http://www.irfanview.com/
Gafaddict
HQTM-Team Forum member.

Rednaxela
HQTM-Team

Post by Rednaxela »

There's one thing I really noticed about your site: don't put your menu links in a linear format like you right now. It takes away viewing space for the content. Put the menu items in a single line, as opposed to the multiple ones you have right now.
Thanks for the input, but I don't quite understand what you mean. My menu links are in a straight line going down. Are you saying I should make it horizontal?
Also, it says in the rules that the documents must have Valid HTML (so it can display correctly in all browsers). I was looking at your website on the W3C Validator, and there's 12 errors in coding style. I'm not sure how big a detractor this might be, but you never know.
Thanks. I wasn't quite sure how to check it all. I fixed all the errors now.

BTW, nice sites guys. :D I didn't do as much as you guys did (logins and stuff), but that's ok. I didn't really plan on winning. I mostly just did this for fun. Anyway, maybe I'll work on mine some more and make it better.

Thanks for all the help. :D
Gafaddict
HQTM-Team

Post by Gafaddict »

Rednaxela wrote:Thanks for the input, but I don't quite understand what you mean. My menu links are in a straight line going down. Are you saying I should make it horizontal?
That's what I meant, yeah.
Gafaddict
HQTM-Team Forum member.

Rednaxela
HQTM-Team

Post by Rednaxela »

Oh, ok. I see what you mean then. It takes up a lot of space. I'm just worried that if I have 6 pictures across the top (there will be six, but currently there are only 4) they might end up wrapping around, which wouldn't look good. I could make them smaller, but that's a pain because I have to open each one and resize it.

I don't feel like working on my site any more today. Maybe one of these days coming up I'll go work on it some more. :D
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

Just to remind you, the contest is going to end soon.
... You only have to know how to prepare query, google will do the rest ...
... My software ...
... Guide to Punctuation ...
Mickeswe1
HQTM-Team

Post by Mickeswe1 »

ohh...it´s going to end soon :D
Frezze...hrrm...tree
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

Today the contest is going to end so please show us your web sites. The best solution is to post links here in this topic - you have time to end of monday. If you don't want to show your sites in public, please PM me.
... You only have to know how to prepare query, google will do the rest ...
... My software ...
... Guide to Punctuation ...
georgy
HQTM-Team

Post by georgy »

Great, I hope you guys made some good websites here ^^
:DDD
Sapphire x1650 Pro P0wD3R || Nice forum here ... :D
Thank you HQTM for your great creations and to give "playing MM2" another dimension ^_^
AutogamingCentral
|| Midtown Madness 2 COLOR
1066ant
HQTM-Team

Post by 1066ant »

I hope there actually are some sites. :? :D
Captain_slow is here!
Mickeswe1
HQTM-Team

Post by Mickeswe1 »

I haven´t seen any sites yet and the contest ended last sonday :/
Frezze...hrrm...tree