Webmaster contest

In this section you can find everything about the contest, show your work and ask questions

Moderators: Frost, Luigi

Will you participate in the webmatser content?

Poll ended at 2007-03-07, 21:08

Yes, of course
82%
Maybe
9%
Not really
No votes
No, I don't like the idea
No votes
I don't care
9%

Total votes: 11

Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Webmaster contest

Post by Maxoff »

Sometime ago appeared an idea to organize webmaster contest (Grisp's idea). Nothing special had happend, but maybe it's time to bring it up. So, there is idea to organize small contest to find the best webmaster. To participate in it, you would have to create website about CM. We would share all necessary materials and everyone would be permitted to participate in the contest (except arbiters of course). The award would be (except satisfaction and oportunity to show the rest of the work that you can make great website) the name of the offcial CM website and access to bonuses and news. However before we write more details, we would like to know your opinion about it and to know if you will participate in it.
Last edited by Maxoff on 2007-03-04, 21:09, edited 2 times in total.
... You only have to know how to prepare query, google will do the rest ...
... My software ...
... Guide to Punctuation ...
Gafaddict
HQTM-Team

Post by Gafaddict »

I'd definitely participate in it :) I can already see that there's quite a few others enthusiastic about it as well.
Gafaddict
HQTM-Team Forum member.

The Midtown Madness Archive
Busfreak
HQTM-Team

Post by Busfreak »

Looks like an interesting contest to me 8)
georgy
HQTM-Team

Post by georgy »

Good idea but I don't code that much so I will probably :/ not involve
Sapphire x1650 Pro P0wD3R || Nice forum here ... :D
Thank you HQTM for your great creations and to give "playing MM2" another dimension ^_^
AutogamingCentral
|| Midtown Madness 2 COLOR
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

Here is modified draft of the rules (origially made by Grisp). Your comments are welcome.

1. The competition is organized by HQTM-Team.
2. It is organized to find the best webmasters and to reward them.
3. Only members of HQTM-Team's Forum or Midtown Madness Special can participate in the contest.
4. You can start alone or in small teams (max. 3 persons).
5. The competition starts 17.03.2007 00:00, ends 31.05.2007 23:59 .
6. You must make graphic and code of page (you shouldn't use WYSIWYG editors, especially editors like Word).
7. Site must be in HTML, ASP, ASP.NET, JSP or PHP, cannot based on CMS. Flash animations are allowed.
8. You cannot use web templates
9. You can use scripts found in the net. But don’t use too many
10. You can use all published materials about Classic Madness and ask HQTM for special materials like new renders, films etc.
11. You can publish print screens of your page to show how it looks and to know how other pages looks.
12. If you have any problems during making site, you can ask for help in special topic
13. Source code of the page won't be evaluated, but the site must pass validation (at least HTML 4.01 Transitional).
14. The webpage should accessible by Internet. It should be uploaded on some server and the address must be known by arbiters, it doesn't have to be post in public. It's recommended solution, however if any problem with hosting finding appears, it will be possible to send the website archive via e-mial.

15. Media Patronage: Midtown Madness Special /http://mm.li.pl/.

We reserve rights to make changes of this TOS.
Last edited by Maxoff on 2007-03-14, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
... My software ...
Gafaddict
HQTM-Team

Post by Gafaddict »

Will this site be hosted on MM2X's HQTM-Team server? Because I can make the website become integrated with the user list on this forum, for news, comments, administrative purposes, etc.
Gafaddict
HQTM-Team Forum member.

Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

It depends on quality of the final product. During contest, we are not going to give anyone access to our database, so if you want to use that kind of features, I suggest you to install phpBB by Przemo locally on your computer.

The contest offcialy has begun. The new section was created, you can show here your work and ask questions.

Good luck :)
... My software ...
DjDecibel
HQTM-Team

Post by DjDecibel »

damn.. i don't have enough time for partecipate.. :D good luck :)
Midtown Madness 2 eXtreme Network Admin
https://www.mm2x.com
GT
HQTM-Team

Post by GT »

Good Luck guys. Do well.
I look forward to seeing these results.
Jon
HQTM-Team

Post by Jon »

Ill have a go over the weekend and if I manage to make anything which I feel looks good and represents CM good ill post screens.
Can you let us know some more details like what kind of information to put in the site, and which images, information and such we are allowed to use?
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

Jon wrote:Can you let us know some more details like what kind of information to put in the site, and which images, information and such we are allowed to use?
It's up to you.
... My software ...
Jon
HQTM-Team

Post by Jon »

Ill post link soon!
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

Ok, we are waiting :)
... My software ...
Jon
HQTM-Team

Post by Jon »

Website currently offline due to maintenance also I do not have much time to devote to it at the moment.

About an hours work so far, obviously no content or anything in like that.
However drop down menu works and so do the rollover buttons!
Please let me know if I should continue to make it or if it isnt what you were looking for?
Last edited by Jon on 2007-03-30, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
Gafaddict
HQTM-Team

Post by Gafaddict »

Been working on this for a good part of the last 1.5 weeks:

http://www.mmarchive.com/classicmadness/

The design itself is completely CSS-based, HTML 4.01 Transitional. The backend's written in PHP, complete with an administrative section to maintain just about each page. I've also designed the site to support multiple languages... I just don't know how to translate the phrases on the site into Polish... guess I'll find somebody to do that later. Obviously it's not completely finished yet, but it's coming along. I don't know what you meant by not being CMS based -- I assumed it meant you couldn't just make a design for something like PHPNuke -- but the main page behaves somewhat like a CMS. I don't know if that's what you want or not.

There's a link reading "Special Preview," which is supposed to contain the preview Fragnatic wrote, but I can't find a copy of it. Do you happen to have a copy of it -- or Fragnatic himself, possibly?
Gafaddict
HQTM-Team Forum member.